Stories i never knew

Ari

"Ari! Oh god I've missed you!" Michael yelled dropping the bags in his hands running to me and throwing his arms around me tightly.

"Mikey, I need to be able to breath." I choked out his arms loosening.

"Oh sorry," he blushed looking at Ashton grabbing his coat. "Where are you going?"

"To see Jessie, she came by earlier." Ashton mumbled.

Michaels eyes widened. "Shit really?" He asked as we both nodded. "I'm sorry Ari." Michael apologised.

"Don't be, you didn't cheat." I snuck a look at Ashton before sitting down. "So, where's this Chinese food?"

Ashton picked up his keys smiling at us both before leaving. Michael picked up the bags and held them up. "Right here sis." He went to the kitchen.

I looked around seeing pictures of him and Gina together and of course Jessie and Ashton.

"You and Gina still going strong?" I asked picking up the picture.

"Oh yeah," he yelled. "We are. She's here actually she's just with Luke at the moment."

"Why?" I asked another question.

He dropped something and yelled 'shit' before answering. "He's cut his leg on glass that cal dropped about two hours ago. She said she took him to the ER, I think he needs stitches."

"He won't be dancing for a while?"

Michael laughed, "he can't dance anyway." He walked in holding the plates.

He passed me my plate and I smiled. Chicken chow main, my favourite.

"Was it awkward? Seeing Ashton I mean?" Michael asked stabbing his fork in his prawn balls.

I nodded my head, "very. I never thought it would be, I thought I'd see him and be fine. Then somehow I froze and went back to that place."

"How bad was it?"

I ate some noodles and a piece of chicken. "It was hard at first. Knowing that he was still sleeping with the girl he cheated on me with, I never wanted him to cheat on me let alone stay with her. It's hard knowing the man you love is in love with someone else."

Michael waved his hands around, "hold on, hold on, you still love him?"

"Of course I do mike, I'll never stop. Just like when you and Gina broke up, you still loved her. Only difference is, you got back with her." I mumbled.

He ate some more of his food and offered me a cracker that I took. "He will be back tonight by the way, he hates staying with Jessie all night."

"He can't sleep with her at night? What do they do then?" I laughed biting my cracker.

"Well," he laughed. "They don't even have sex as far as I know. He doesn't want to, Jessie just wants him for fame. This isn't really a real relationship Ari, it's just enough to keep the paps happy."

I snorted and held my hand over my mouth to stop me spitting my food everywhere. "Really? The paparazzi like Jessie and Ashton together? That's crazy!"

Michael shook his head, "how is that crazy?"

"Because, they like that a band member cheated on a long term girlfriend and is still with her? That's a bit skanky."

"Come on Ari, you're just jealous now."

I shook my head, "I don't want to talk about this anymore. Let's talk about you and Gina."

"Well, we're still together and we're happy. I love her Ari, it's scary how much and it does scare me. Like, we argued the other day and I cried so much when she left to go for a walk because I was scared she was never coming back." He explained. "Like Ashton, but you really never came back."

I looked up shocked. He cried for me? He actually cried when I left? That means he did love me like he said he did. Michael cried like Ashton and mike loves Gina.

"I didn't know that." I whispered swirling my fork in my noodles. "I guess I never asked."

"It hurt him more. Every time you rang for the past month he asked if you asked about him, when I said no the pain was clear. He really loved you Ari, I wish you tried to listen to him."

I put my plate on the table in front of me. "I didn't want to listen. He cheated and that was enough for me, I wasn't going to be one of those dolls who went back to there cheating boyfriends because they were in love with them. I wanted him to be in love with me to, but he wasn't."

"He was," Michael said quickly. "He was otherwise he wouldn't have chased you to the airport."

"He chased me? He chased me to the airport?!"

He nodded quickly, "he was five minutes late Ari, we watched your plane take off. It was hard for me as well, but he watched the love of his life disappear."

I rubbed my arm and picked up my glass, "well," I took a sip. "We're over now and he's with Jessie so it doesn't matter."

"It will always matter Ari, two people who love each other will always matter to each other."

Ashton

Seeing her was so hard, I never imagined seeing her again. She was beautiful, she always was. I could feel my heart beating so fast every time she spoke, moved, breathed. Then Jessie came, I knew it would be hard for Ari, I wish I told Jessie to come back later.

But now I'm in Jessie's hotel room and she's mad, really mad.

"Ashton, you still love her! Why can't you just stop!?" She screamed.

I had to lie, "I have Jessie, I have."

"You can't even stay the night with me, it's been over a year Ashton and you can barley touch me! We're in our twenties and you can barley kiss me!" Jessie threw a pillow at me. "Why!? You could do it with Ari, why am I different!?"

"Jessie I-"

"Why can't you love me?" She started to give up.

Her body went weak and she slid down the wall crying and screaming hateful words about herself.

I ran to her shaking body snaking my arms around her and pulling her close to me. "Shh, shh, I'm sorry jess I'm sorry. I love you." I pecked her head as she clung to me.

She pulled away from me moments later and held my face between her hands, "stay," she begged her cheeks stained from tears. "Stay."

I nodded as she pulled me close her lips locking with mine as I stood up taking us to the bed.