Counting the lies

Ashton

I was sat by my drum set as Luke sang. I played but I doubt it was as good as I could've been. I can't stop thinking about Ari, I love her, it's clear now.

I can't tell her, Jessie, she can't know. I've hurt one girl I refuse to hurt another. I just won't.

Ari

"Look at him, he looks adorable." Cassie smiled rocking back and forth as Luke sang girls talk boys.

I laughed at her, she looked adorable.

"Ari," Jessie mumbled. "We're okay now aren't we?"

I huffed and looked at her before nodding, "I suppose yeah."

"It wasn't just me Ari, it was him as well. I'm not trying to get myself out of this but I am trying to show you I'm not the only one who hurt you. He could have said no, I could be back in England right now."

"Okay," I mumbled. "I know."

Then Jessie smiled and walked back to the side wing staring at Ashton.

"I don't think this is okay, me liking Luke, is it?"

"Cass," I laughed. "You can like him, he's all yours."

She huffed, "I saw a picture on his phone. I'm sure it was him and Mandy."

"Mandy was special to him, but that doesn't mean he's not ready to move on." Gina appeared next to us.

"How special?"

"It's for him to say Cass, Gina can't tell you." I smiled weakly.

"This is our new song," Luke spoke as we all looked up at them. "It's called story of another us."

Jessie clapped her hands and I was certain it was a song for her. I smiled and listened.

I got a long-term plan with short-term fixes
And a wasted heart that just eclipses
And I push my luck from trust to dust enough
That's the story of another us
One last ditch, a new beginning
So take this heart, put yourself in it
This surprise ending I'm depending on
Could be the story of another us
The story of another us
Could be the story of another us.

It was a nice song, the lyrics fitted perfectly to jessie and Ashton.

"I love it!" Jessie beamed as she smiled. "Don't you?" She looked back at me.

I nodded, "it's great! Did he write it for you?" I tried to make a conversation.

"No, he-he wrote bits for someone else but I don't know who." She smiled weakly.

Ashton

I saw Jessie smiling and dancing to the new song. If only she knew I wrote it for Ari. I wrote it a while ago in hope she would hear it and take me back. That was before I told Jessie I loved her.

"Thank you, have a good night!" Luke yelled as we all ran off stage.

Jessie ran to me and hugged me as I hugged her back. I saw Luke looking at Cassie who was talking to mike with Ari.

"Ari loved your song, who was it written for? She thought it was written for me." She smiled.

I pecked her lips. "They didn't use my bit in the end." I lied.

"Oh," she blushed. "Okay."

I heard Ari laughing and I looked at her. She looked so beautiful. I can't believe I'm lying to her and to Jessie. I'm hurting them all over again aren't I? What kind of man am I?

Ari

"Will you come with me and Luke to the fair tonight?" Gina walked up to me, Cassie and mikey.

"Oh heck yeah!" I smiled.

I've missed the fair, going with friends and my brother will be even better.

"Cassie?" Gina asked winking a bit.

"Uh, sure." She nodded and I laughed as mike said yes as well.

"Jessie and Ashton are coming too, you don't mind though do you?" Gina looked at us.

"No, not at all." I lied looking over at Ashton who stared at me.

Let's try and be sociable shall we?

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Sorry it's short school starts tomorrow and I have loads of exams 😢 I'll make them longer soon 💕