I will care for you always

Ari

"Ari?"

I looked up and saw Ashton there. His arm had a bandage on with blood oozing out and so did his hand. His face was scratched and his legs were too. His smartnesss was gone and his eyes were delighted.

"Ashton!" I cried. "Oh my god." I pulled the blankets off attempting to get out.

Ashton ran to me before I could even set one foot on the floor, "don't!" He demanded. "I'm here." He grabbed my hand and pecked my lips. "I'm here."

"There was an explosion!" I yelled looking up at him. "Luke? Cassie?"

"We're all fine, I'm great full to them, don't get me wrong, but we're really fine. It was a sad accident that's all."

I laughed, "accident!? Accident!? We were rammed off the road ash, she's crazy!"

"She'll be found and helped." He placed his palm on my cheek and rubbed small circles with his thumb, "we're safe and alive, what else is there too it?"

"I wouldn't have been sat there thinking of ways to get over your death! Ways to tell your family! I wouldn't be here right now and neither would you! That's how I'm looking at it Ashton, that's how!" I snapped.

How was he so calm? No, no! I won't except that! "Babe, she's hurting."

"So was I when you did this too me! But we were well into a relationship by that point, did I try to kill you both!? No!"

My point was valid but that didn't make a difference. She was mental and the cures are minimal.

"You don't believe that." He mumbled.

At that point I wanted to say no but I didn't, "yes! I do fucking believe it!"

"I'm sorry, we need to keep the room clear now." A nurse came in after my heart monitor began beeping like crazy.

Ashton looked at me and I began breathing slower, he left not looking back as I huffed.

The nurse came over and smiled sweetly, "I'm sorry dear, we need to make sure you stay calm."

"It's fine," I smiled. "I get that."

"We will come back later to take your blood pressure and some bloods." She smiled rubbing my arm and then leaving.

//

"Sis? Are you okay?"

I woke up and saw Michael leaning over me and smiling like a goon.

"I'm fine," I smiled sitting up hissing in pain. "I'm just a bit sore, I'll be home tomorrow. Did Ashton come back?"

Michael looked at me and then shook his head, "he decided to wait for you at home. He didn't want to upset you even more."

"He didn't upset me! I need him here Michael, he can stay the night on that bed over there." I pointed at the lay out bed.

"What about me? Don't you want me here?" Michael asked.

I nodded, "of course I do! But don't you want to stay with Gina?"

"Yes, but you're more important."

I huffed, "you shouldn't have to put me first, you really shouldn't Michael."

"I can care for my sister if I want to Ari, just let me?" He looked at me.

I nodded, "okay."

//

"Hey," I looked up and saw Ashton walking in slowly holding pink roses. "How're you feeling?"

I sat up smiling, "I'm feeling better now you're here." I admitted.

"I feel better for seeing you! I did try and message you earlier but my phone died and I couldn't find the lead. Turns out I left it somewhere in Japan. I'll buy a new one later." He laughed at himself.

Then, just as Ashton sat down, two police officers walked in.

"Hi Ari, I'm Eric. We have some news for you and your partner here." The cop said standing still and letting another cop walk in.

I looked at Ashton who moved next to me grabbing my hand, "okay." I gulped.

"We have found a girl of your description, she's currently in this hospital but won't say anything to us not even a name. We were wondering if you could come and see if it is jessie so we can get her the right help needed for her at this time."

I smiled in relief. They've found her, it can't be anyone else surely?

"I'll do it." Ashton nodded standing up. "I'll do it now."

The police officer smiled and headed for the door, Ashton soon left and I was once again sat alone in the hospital room waiting for signs of being discharged.

Ashton POV

"Do you know her well?" Eric, the officer, asked as we made our way down the corridors.

I nodded, "we dated a few weeks ago for a short time. I cheated on that girl in there with jess and now I've cheated on jess with Ari. They didn't take it well." I huffed.

It's all my fault I know it, I just can't admit it out loud because it makes me sound like a monster.

"Well," the officer opened the door. "She's on the bed in the left corner."

I looked at the left corner and saw a girl lying on the bed looking up. She looked young and scared.

"Sir? Is this Jessie?"

I looked at the girl who stared at me fearful and her eyes begging for help. How can no one see how uncomfortable she is here? How is she not being helped?

"Sir?" The officer repeated.

I took a deep breath and looked at the officer, "this girl is scared, she needs help. But this girl isn't Jessie."

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷
Hiiii guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been busy with exam prep and things.

Pancake day tomorrow for everyone who celebrates it! I hope everyone has a good day nonetheless and I'll be updating again soon.

Tam x