Untitled Part 16

Chanyeol wakes up to the sound of screaming idiots down the hallway.

"IT'S CHRISTMASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Chen shouts along with Jongin, and he hears piercing loud knocks on his door that sound more like knocking on the doors to his ing brain. So after long seconds (that feels like minutes) of enduring, Chanyeol wakes up roaring.

There is a momentary silence.

"Yes!" He hears from the other side of the door the damned word that sounds so mockingly triumphant, and so he keeps his scowl on for until he dresses and washes up and gets out of the door. The first thing he just happensto see is Chen's grinning face.

"Chanyeol~~~ It's Christmas~~~" Chen sings, batting his eyelashes mockingly, and Chanyeol feels so damn tempted to slap him.

"I, don't, give, a, . Just, let, me, sleep." Chanyeol replies, voice deep as he stomps towards Chen, who flies away snickering.

Groaning, the taller stumbles down the stairs, trying to find something to do because otherwise why the did he even get disturbed to wake up so early?

"Over here! Here!" He hears someone shout from a few rooms and hallways away, and Chanyeol follows the sound. By the sounds of it, it seems like they're in the living room. Having some memory of the place, Chanyeol eventually finds it, and drops open to the floor when he sees what's in there.

A large Christmas tree towers over near the tall roof – the largest Christmas tree he's ever seen. Now he understands why Chen and Jongin had been so proud and bragging about how they had helped carry it back home. It's adorned with decorative Christmas ornaments, making it sparkly and beautiful, the huge star shining at the top of the Christmas tree. Not only that, but there seems to be about a few dozen presents littering at the bottom of it, making the tree look full and almost alive.

"What the – " Chanyeol starts, watching as Chen spins around with arms in the air, wearing a white sweater and jeans and looking like a dumb idiot enchanted by Christmas jolly.

"Look!" Just then, someone else enters, and when Chanyeol turns around, he sees Jongin pulling at a sleepily grumpy Baekhyun. "Isn't it amazing?"

Baekhyun grunts in reply as Jongin rushes off to join Chen in celebrating the Birthday of Jesus, and Chanyeol watches him rub his sleepy eyes.

God dammit, he's so damn cute.

Baekhyun's hair is messy from just waking up, and he's changed into a light blue sweater with a collared shirt beneath it (that's buttoned incorrectly), and that white collared shirt sticks out at random places out of his sweater. His eyes are half opened as he takes in the surroundings around him and god dammit he's so damn cute.

Chanyeol gulps, not quite registering his thoughts on his roommate and oh, how come he's never even realised how adorable Baekhyun looks when he's sleepy? Chanyeol either never took the time to appreciate, or he had never really seen a sleepy Baekhyun waking up after him. Because it's quite known, at least between them, that Chanyeol's usually the sleeper.

"Didn't sleep last night?" He asks, half curious and half mocking as he stands next to Baekhyun, who lets out a small yawn then sends a glare towards him.

"How's that any of your business?" He replies, not having the sort of mean effect he usually has in his tone when he's not tired.

"S'not." Chanyeol shrugs. The two of them stand in silence as they watch two of their friends hover around the presents. Chanyeol is at first a little conflicted – torn between wanting to say it and wanting to keep it in because of his pride, but in the end, he decides to just screw it.