Untitled Part 45

"Chanyeol, you're in love with Baekhyun-hyung."

"What?" Chanyeol scoffs nervously as he looks around, at anywhere but Jongin. This is his first reaction. "I'm not! Who would ... hahaha ..." Jongin stares at him with a 'Are-you-kidding-me?' look. Chanyeol eventually sighs.

"So what?"

"Nothing, just that you never told me." Jongin shrugs, face full of offense and ... relief?

"Well, I just found out recently myself ..." Chanyeol mutters.

"Yeah right. You sure rejected Kyungsoo ages ago ... And never told me that you stopped liking him." Jongin is sounding like a kid now, as if he feels left out that Chanyeol hasn't told him anything. The older scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Please, Jongin. Speaking of Kyungsoo, isn't there someone who's infatuated?" Jongin visibly reddens.

"What? What are you talking about, I'm not ..."

"I never said you ..." Chanyeol deadpans, tilting his head to stare at Jongin sideways. Jongin reddens even more and he looks away. Chanyeol chuckles, for once feeling like the older one of the two. He steps closer to his best friend and pats him on the back.

"I'm sorry, Jongin. Kyungsoo will look at you soon, I'm sure." Chanyeol says softly. "I will never take him away from you." Jongin looks away, flushing even more when he realises Chanyeol had noticed his subtle glares.

"So let's not fight over love, okay? Don't let it ruin us." Chanyeol rubs his friend's back. Jongin looks down at his feet, blatantly ashamed.

"I'm sorry." Jongin mutters. Chanyeol smiles.

As they walk back, Jongin laughs beside him.

"What?" Chanyeol asks, slightly defensive, knowing Jongin is laughing at him. Jongin lets out a carefree grin and shakes his head.

"Nothing. Just that ... I didn't know you were so good at comforting."

By the time they arrive back, Chanyeol realises something's missing.

"Where the hell is Kris?" He asks, turning around to look for his tall friend, but mostly blank faces reply him.

"He said he wants to make a dramatic entrance." Joonmyun replies. Usually Chanyeol wouldn't make a fuss about this (because after all, Kris isn't out of character), but he finds something off. Joonmyun is smiling.

What the fri –

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYEONNIE!" Kris shouts as he bursts through the door with a bunch of balloons in his hand. He throws the balloons up in the air and runs towards Joonmyun, almost jumping him. That's not the problem. Kris is normal. The jaw-dropping problem is Joonmyun actually reaches up and hugs Kris back, letting out a musical laugh.

The world is silent.

Baekhyun pops up next to Chanyeol out of nowhere, holding a cup of water in his hand, and Chanyeol swears he almost drops it when he sees the scene before him. Confused, and wanting an explanation, Chanyeol clears .

Kris pulls away, his grin wide and almost splitting his face. He's glowing along with the man he loves. He reaches down, hands linking through fairer, smaller hands.

What the fu –

"As of May 14th, Joonmyun and I are lovers." Kris says. Chanyeol can see the happiness spilling out of him. Joonmyun is smiling too, pink joy adorning his cheeks. At first, the room is so silent Chanyeol swears he can hear their disorganised breathings in the air, but then everyone reacts at the same time, rushing towards the two of them, eyes wide, smiles wider as they ask questions. Chanyeol feels the wind as eight other people in the room barge forward in curiosity.