Untitled Part 26

"So where are we going today?"

Baekhyun doesn't know how to react.

He has half a mind to pull away and snarl at him to piss off, but he's afraid Chanyeol really might piss off. But he doesn't want to drop down on his knees and kiss Chanyeol's feet and thank him for remembering his ing promise. Because he doesn't need Chanyeol, he tells himself.

Chanyeol takes his frozen state to his advantage, and starts pulling him the direction to the back door of the school. When he feels a particularly cold wind hit him, he blinks the blankness out of his eyes and state.

"Where are we going?" He hisses instead. "You know it's against the rules to sneak out of school!" Chanyeol laughs, and it sounds like chimes against the angry wind.

"That didn't stop you every month, did it?" Baekhyun shuts and lets Chanyeol guide him.

Once they are successfully out of their school without much effort, they stand there, for a moment at a loss on what to do. The sky is already darkening, the winters seeping into its colours, but they don't let it bother them.

Suddenly, an especially cold wind passes over them, and Baekhyun shivers, as he is only wearing a thin turtleneck and jeans.

"Where do you want to go?" Chanyeol asks as he looks around. Baekhyun is only focused on going to warmer places, but then again, why is he agreeing to this in the first place?

He's not objecting though.

"I don't care." He whispers back, biting his teeth to fight himself from the cold. Chanyeol notices Baekhyun shiver like a little lost bunny and he can't help but smirk at how ridiculous he looks. (ridiculously cute)

"Let's go to a shopping mall or something." He suggests, and he begins to walk a direction, but after taking a step and watching Baekhyun frozen to the spot, he impatiently and instinctively stretches out his hand and grabs Baekhyun's cold one in his own. At first, he can feel Baekhyun's hand limp against his own, and he's okay with it, because it's not like he wants to hold his hand anyways and it's not like he cares about whether Baekhyun would want to or not. Besides, he had already expected Baekhyun to react like that. What he doesn't expect, though, is that eventually – surprisingly – Baekhyun's smaller one tightens around his.

He almost can't breathe.

"Do you even know the way?" Baekhyun's voice is sarcastic but quivering as he lets Chanyeol lead him. The taller rolls his eyes as he feels Baekhyun's little body trembles through the link they have.

" you. You don't even trust in my direction skills."

"Lack thereof." Baekhyun corrects, and he almost laughs when he feels Chanyeol tighten his grip, almost as if he wants to squish his hand into nothing. Yeah, right. Two can play at that game. He squishes back, hard. Then he watches Chanyeol's expression scrunch up into one of pain before he feels Chanyeol tighten his grip.

They continue doing this until their hands become hot and sore and they just can't do it anymore.

They let go, and even though the icy wind seems to pierce through their suddenly lonely hands, Baekhyun doesn't care, because he's laughing at how idiotic this is, and how stupid Chanyeol is, and how dumb he is.

Wait, he's laughing.

Baekhyun stalls. He never laughs on this day of the month. At least, not naturally.

He stands there, frozen once again as he thinks about this, and he doesn't even know how cold he is until he feels something heavy drape over his shoulders. Chattering (and he only realises he's doing this now), he looks up at the taller, who's concentrated on buttoning his large cloak around the smaller.