Untitled Part 34

"Where's Byun Baekhyun?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen him for days."

"Do you think he might be leaving school because he has no use for it anymore?"

"Maybe he wants to become a e ..."

"Don't say that! He's a really nice person if you get to know him."

"It's not an insult ..."

"Hey hey hey! Where is Baekhyun?" Chen asks after a few days of this sort of talk circulating the entire college.

"He's in our ro –"'

"Baekhyun decided to officially ditch college to be a singer!"

"Ah, stop joking!"

"Seriously, where is he?"

"In our ro –"

"ing some guys, probably."

"That kid can really get any guy he wants, can't he?"

"From the survey, I heard every man's dream in Pop College is to Baekhyun once ... just once –"

"HE'S IN OUR ROOM!" Chanyeol shouts, his voice breaking through the entire table. Silence takes over. Chanyeol suddenly reddens, and he looks down, staring at his food. "He's ... resting. In our room."

"Resting? Why?" Voices start asking him curiously, and when he looks up, he sees ten pairs of eyes staring down at him. He almost regrets voicing out in the first place, but they really need to shut up about Baekhyun ing other guys!

"... He's tired. He hasn't slept in a while." More silence as they take this in.

"How come I feel like Chanyeol has changed or something?" Jongin muses out loud casually.

"Oooooooooooooh, do you think he recovered?"

"Yeah yeah yeah!" Ten pairs of eyes are on him again.

"What happened to you for the past few weeks?"

"Yeah man! You scared us to death!"

"We couldn't even talk to you. Like you didn't even hear us!"

"What made you so depressed?" Ten huge pairs of eyes look at him curiously, waiting for answers.

"... ... ..." Chanyeol doesn't know what to say, but all he's thinking about is I'm in love I'm in love I'm in love.Instead, he gets too flushed and he stands up abruptly, grabbing his tray. Everyone flinches in surprise.

"Argh! Why are you all so nosy?" Chanyeol can feel his ears growing hotter and he hopes they don't notice. "Aish." He quickly rushes off, leaving ten people sitting there trying to figure out just what the hell is happening to Park Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo sits furthest away from Chanyeol, but as he watches Chanyeol rush off, he turns back and stares at his food, musing.

Even when everyone hurries back to their own conversations and Jongin tries to tell him a lame joke, Kyungsoo doesn't answer.

Chanyeol's reddening ears and his flushed state rush back into his mind. "He's ... resting. In our room." The way he had said that ... and the way he looked down and stared hard at his food. It seemed really ... strange.

Kyungsoo has a bad feeling about this.

A week later, Baekhyun fully regains his health, his dark circles gone and his eyes shining more energetically than before.