Untitled Part 20

The next morning, Chanyeol wakes up feeling like .

God damn it, why is Byun Baekhyun not here again?

Not that he cares. Byun Baekhyun can do whatever he wants.

But even as he thinks this, he takes out his phone and calls Kris, the only person that Baekhyun could have talked to, or been with, overnight. Somehow, he's sick of feeling so resentfully towards his best friend, whom, he has to admit, he misses, and he's sick of hiding and thinking about everything.

It's time he faces up and becomes an adult.

That's what this phase is all about, right? Growing up?

Usually, Kris wouldn't accept his call unless he called several times, and when he accepted it, he would speak in a sleepy, annoyed voice.

But this time, he picks up.

"Hello?" The voice is a little sleepy, but also nervous, and almost hopeful.

"Kris." Chanyeol replies, hoping his answer doesn't sound too curt. "Where's Baekhyun?"

There is a silence.

"... You're calling me at 8am in the morning to ask about Baekhyun?" Chanyeol can hear the offended tone in Kris's voice. "You don't want to make up with me?"

"Kris, I think what's more important is – "

"I'm going to sleep now, bye – "

"Kris!" The person on the other line sighs.

"Why are you asking me? I don't know where he is."

"What the ? Aren't you guys buddy-buddy boyfriends?" Chanyeol knows he sounds resentful and bitter, but he doesn't care. Not when Baekhyun is nowhere to be found.

"What? What did I just tell you? I told you I was in love with Joonmyun!" Chanyeol falls silent. "Why did you suddenly think that just because I was always friends with your enemy, it meant that I had to be in love with him too?"

"Well, it sure seemed like – "

"No one else thought like that!"

"..."

"Honestly, Chanyeol. I never knew you'd be this kind of person. I thought you were more carefree than that. Honestly, what the hell makes you think that I had suddenly fallen in love with Byun Baekhyun – "

"So you don't know where he is?" Chanyeol interrupts, but feels relief upon hearing that Kris has no interest in Baekhyun whatsoever. He feels like a burden has been lifted off his shoulders. But there is still at least one more burden.

"No! We're close friends, but we don't need to know everything about each other! ... Wait, isn't he your roommate? Aren't you supposed to know – " Before he can continue, Chanyeol hangs up.

What? Then where the hell is he?

Chanyeol looks through his contacts (because he had Baekhyun saved up as a convenience, not because he wants to), and his finger hovers over Byun Baekhyun's name. Just as he's about to call him, however, he hesitates.

Wait. I don't care.

I don't give a about him.

Chanyeol stares at his screen, watches as the large letters 'BYUN BAEKHYUN' glow along with the screen, a name that has soon become ingrained in his mind the moment he started hating the other. Right now, he can be anywhere, whether in danger or not, whether he needs help or not. And here he is, thinking about this when his roommate can potentially be in danger?