Untitled Part 29

Chanyeol is beginning to hate it.

This avoiding, this ignoring ...

This ... pretending each other doesn't exist.

It's stupid. It's tiring.

It's time Chanyeol stops this Tom and Jerry chase. It's time he brings an end to this endless and pointless game.

"I think we need to talk." Chanyeol says when Baekhyun comes back from whatever he's doing. He hates it when the smaller doesn't look at him, and that's what he's doing now. Baekhyun acts like he hasn't even heard what Chanyeol has said.

"Baek – " Chanyeol starts, but the smaller continues doing what he's doing, as if Chanyeol doesn't exist at all.

"Baekhyun, Baek, Byun Baek, B.B, Bae, Baekhyunnie, Baekhyun-ah, Baekkie, Baek-a-Pie, B – ..." Chanyeol doesn't say anymore, because suddenly Baekhyun turns around and stares at him with strange eyes.

"... What did you call me?"

"... ..." Chanyeol is a little taken aback, and suddenly he doesn't remember anything he had just said a few seconds ago. "..."

"Don't call me that again." Baekhyun says quietly, then turns back and does his own thing again.

"What? What did I just call you?" Chanyeol asks, confused. Baekhyun ignores him.

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol hollers just as the smaller takes his books, rests his glasses on the tip of his nose, and prepares to walk out the door. Panicking, Chanyeol rushes forward just as Baekhyun begins to open it, and he smashes it closed. Then he steps closer to Baekhyun, but as he takes each step forward, Baekhyun instinctively takes one step back until he is forced up against his own cupboard.

"Baekhyun ..." Chanyeol's voice is now lowered, husky as he slowly leans his forearms on the wood of the cupboard, keeping Beakhyun in between his arms, trapping Baekhyun in his personal space.

Chanyeol can't breathe.

Baekhyun is so close, and suddenly his heart is screaming and his hands are getting sweaty and he's feeling so damn breathless, and yet Baekhyun is standing there like this is any normal day. Except this time, for the first time in days, he looks upwards in surprise at their sudden intimacy, eyes momentarily wide and innocent.

Baekhyun is so close, and Chanyeol is ... Chanyeol ...

Chanyeol wants to kiss him.

"I ... need to tell you something ..." Chanyeol says instead, gulping down his desires as he tries to focus on Baekhyun, who's momentarily blanked out. "You can't escape anyway –"

Bam!

Chanyeol feels a blinding pain down there, and before he knows it he's collapsed onto the floor, clutching his balls and curling up in pain. Even in the midst of the hurt Chanyeol knows Baekhyun had just kneed his groin. Never in his life had he felt something so blindingly painful, such that he feels himself blacking out. So this is how it feels like for professional soccer players when a ball hits there ...

"Baekhyun ... You little , you..." Chanyeol gasps out, opening and closing his eyes and seeing bits of Baekhyun standing over him, then he sees Baekhyun preparing to leave.

"Wait! ... You bastard, you're not even ... going to hear me out?" Chanyeol shouts just as the door opens. Chanyeol squeezes his eyes shut as he tries to get up from the stupid damned floor, not wanting to see Baekhyun leave him and slam the door closed, but he feels his heart sink when the door does indeed slam closed.