Old Friends for Angel

This is a request for @WeTheBest456 i hope you like it 😊 I don't write in 3rd person, and idk if that's how you wanted it 😬

Today's question is...what's your favorite movie? I have a lot tbh, but i loooove Forrest Gump. It's a classic 👌🏻

Your POV:

Today was just a regular day, going into work with my dad at the animal shelter. He was the vet, that's how I got a job there easily. I had many different jobs, whether it was helping move animals from cages, or help people adopt a pet, or even bathe, feed, and take care of the animals who are waiting to be adopted.

Today I was working with the sheltered dogs up for adoption. I was all over the place, drying small pugs, to bathing giant German Shepherds, to giving food and water to the cats.

"Angel, you're needed in the front! Customer needs help adopting!" My co-worker Blake yelled. I finished drying the poodle I was washing and put her back in the cage. I dried my hands and ran to the front, apologizing to the person. My eyes widened as I saw who it was. Wesley Tucker. My friend from high school, who became famous, and left for tour. I missed him so much, we haven't spoken in months. We usually spend every Saturday night together, but ever since he's been on tour, we haven't. He didn't seem to recognize me, so I played along.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I smiled at him. He returned the smile and walked towards me.

"Hi. I'm looking to adopt a dog. Mine recently passed away, and it's been hard trying to adapt without him. I want a puppy, I don't know what breed, whichever one I fall in love with, I guess," he laughed.

"Alright. Let me show you the selection of puppies we have. Are you looking for a breed that will grow to be big, or stay small, like a chihuahua, pug, yorkie?"

"No, something that will grow up to be a dog dog. I don't want a pitfall though. I'm planning on keeping this dog until I have a family, and I want a family friendly dog."

"Well, pitbulls are very friendly, they're just misconstrued as mean because of the pitbulls that are raised wrong and bred to fight and be vicious. But I get where you're coming from. You don't want a dog that will possibly be mean in any way." He nodded and I took him to the 

"Okay. So we have German Shepherd puppies, husky puppies, golden retriever, Australian Shepherd." I walked to the area where we kept the puppies, as they needed more attention than full grown dogs; I mean they all needed attention, they're lonely, it's so sad.

"Okay, so just look around, and if you want to play with some, we can go into the room across from here," I pointed to the opposite wall of us to a room with a bunch of toys scattered everywhere. He started to look through the cages, his smile wide as the puppies frantically tried to lick him.

"This one's cute. Can I see him?" I walked over to him and saw he was pointing at Sandy.

"It's a she. Her name is Sandy, she's a chocolate lab." I opened the cage and pulled her out, immediately handing her to Wes.

" I opened the cage and pulled her out, immediately handing her to Wes