Morning Surprises & Pie.

Chapter 23

Harry's POV

My eyes slowly blinked open and I squint them, the annoying sunlight streaming though the curtains and hitting my face. I groan and stretch, careful not to wake Noel. I think that was the best sleep I've ever had, really. Noel stayed close to me all night and right now, fuck. Right now we're bloody spooning. I never thought in all my life I'd be doing any of this with her, but I am. I smile and pull her closer to me, her back to my chest with our legs winded together.

Once Noel stopped crying, the night took a turn in a positive way. Noel and I ordered room service, lots of it. Once the young worker rolled in our cart of food, gratefully accepting his tip, and leaving, we sat in bed together with our legs crisscrossed. Noel and I searched through the movies available to purchase on the tele, and settled on Tangled. We sat against the white hotel pillows with our plates of a hamburger and fries in our lap, giggling and watching the cartoon. Noel was happy again and that made a huge grin spread across my face, not being able to wipe it off.

Once the film ended and we both had full bellies, Noel laid on top of me, cuddled into my chest. We talked and shared secrets and stories. We confessed a few things and talked about what we want to do once we graduate.

"I want to get away from here. Especially away from my mum. I really want to go to college in America, preferably New York, start all over again." Noel yawned into my bare chest as she told me about her future plans, "It seems wonderful."

I nodded. She has such big plans for herself while I, on the other hand, just want to graduate and support my family. Of course, I'd love to go to uni for music, learn to play from professionals and be able to show the songs I wrote to people who could get me places, but that's nothing but empty dreams. If Gemma didn't get to go to uni for teaching like she wanted, I shouldn't get to go either. It's only fair that way.

"What would you want to go for, love?" I twirled the ends of her hair with my fingers.

"Mm, I know it's not realistic, but art. I love to draw."

"That's great. You should go for what you find an interest in." I smiled, "Would you ever let me see your drawings?"

"Absolutely not." she chuckled lightly and I almost already knew her answer. "I've never showed anyone and I don't plan on it." Noel talked slow, tiredly.

I changed the subject, asked Noel the one thing that had been stuck in my head since it happened, "So...we kissed. Um, what does that mean? L-like where does it leave us?"

She shrugged, "I don't know really. But I do know I'm tired." She smiled lazily and closed her eyes. I leaned to the side to reach the lamp and turned it off, darkening the room.

Noel cuddled into me and I did the same.

"Sweet dreams, princess."

I smile recalling the night spent kissing and laughing and cuddling and kissing some more. Noel stirs in her sleep and I watch her come closer to me. Slowly, her big eyes flutter open and I smile down at her. Her hair is a mess and her eyes are swollen, still sleepy, but she looks beautiful as ever.

"Morning, beautiful," I plant a kiss on her forehead.

"Morning," she hums. Noel rubs over her eyes with a yawn then plops her head back down to my chest, "What are we doing today? Everyone is having tea at Olivia's mum's, but I really don't want to spend a second more with those people."

Our checkout isn't scheduled until tomorrow, and if we'd leave today, we would still have to pay for the room. I don't mind staying the extra day, as long as her family isn't involved.