Bets & Revenge.

Chapter 6

Harry's POV

"Make sure you are there tonight!" Niall calls to Zayn, Liam, and I as he jogs towards football practice.

"We'll be there, you bloke!" Zayn calls back to him and laughs. Niall said that he feels that we haven't had much 'guy time' so he invited us and Louis over tonight. On a fucking Wednesday. How the hell are five guys like us supposed to have fun on a Wednesday night? Niall never thinks of stuff like that, but that's the usual with him.

Liam parts ways from us as Zayn and I walk to his car. We got my truck back to the house late last night so I had no time to work on it. Luckily Zayn brought me to school with him.

"You wanna come over to mines until it's time to go over to Ni's?" Zayn asks me as he pulls out of the student parking lot.

"Nah mate. I'll go home to be with Lil B. He hates when we don't have our daily after school talks." I chuckle and shake my head. Gemma and I are still teasing him for his little 'snog' he had at school. He says he wants to be just like me when he gets older. I don't know how I feel about that though. Mum gets thrilled by it, thinking that I'm an angel. But I know I'm no angel. I just hope Brently takes my few good qualities and none of my many bad ones.

"That's fine. I'll pick you back up later when it's time to go to Niall's." I don't answer him, just nod and look out the window. Zayn's loud skrillex or dubstep or whatever you want to call it junk pounds through his speakers. I don't understand how he could listen to this, or how it's even classified as music. Zayn sings along to the few words in the song. His taste in music is horrible compared to Noel's taste, which is quite similar to mine. Finally, it ends before my ears begin to literally bleed and the song Sail comes on. This is much more to my liking than the other song. I lean my head against the head rest of my seat and close my eyes, sleepiness taking over me. I'm pulled out of my relaxed state when Zayn announces that we're at my house. I thank him and get inside. As always, Brently comes running up to me to fill me in on his day.

***

"So yeah, now I have a whole line of girls waiting for me. It all started with Lily. Now look where I am." He finished telling me about his day. Brently smirks and puts his hands behind his head, leaning back against the couch. Lily. Why does that sound so familiar? Brently 'snogged' Lily and... So did I? A different one of course, my Lily is seventeen while his is probably only seven. Shit, Lil B and I are more alike than I thought. Fuck.

I want to get my mind off of this crap. It's freaking me out. "Hey B, you wanna go take a nap with me?"

"Can we in Nana's bed?" His eyes light up. Mum's bed was always known as the most comfortable, so when we get the chance to lay in it, we do.

I laugh, "Sure. It's just you and I home anyways, they'll never have to know." I wiggle my eyebrows making Brently laugh. Mum took a late shift at the hospital for tonight and Gemma won't be home from work until another hour. Perfect opportunity for a nice nap in Mum's bed.

Once we get into Mum's room, Brently literally throws himself into her large bed.

"Brently! We don't want to mess it up too much. Stay still." I kick off my converse and crawl into bed and under the duvet.

"Sleep tight, B" I yawn and close my eyes.

"You too, H."

After a moment of silence, I'm at the point where I'm sleeping but I'm aware of what's happening around me. It's strange, really. I'm fully awake when Brently starts talking again. "Harry? Did Nana ever have a husband?"

"Erm yeah... she did." I rub my eyes and yawn. Why does Lil B always have to ask the deep questions right before bed? "But that was a long time ago. They got divorced when Gemma was only a baby. He came back though, that's when Mum got pregnant for me. He left again as soon as he heard the news. I never knew him."