Betrayals & Burdens.

a/n I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! I was trying to post the chapter yesterday but it didn't work as planned lol. I hope everyone likes the chapter! Please vote and comment.

Songs for this chapter:

In My Veins - Andrew Belle

Look After You - The Fray

Turning Page - Sleeping At Last

Chapter 25

Noel's POV

It's safe to say I'm honestly scared of my mother right now. Of all the damn times for her to decide to come home, she'd walk in now. When Harry and I were...kissing. Her brown eyes go from wide and shocked to squinted and pissed. Her face is red like she's not breathing, and her fists are clenched. She even has her mouth open, gawking at the sight before her eyes.

Harry takes two small steps away from me while my mum stares me down, observing me. That's when it hits me that I'm still wearing Harry's t-shirt. This looks so bad. Her eyes snap to Harry's and I watch as they rake down his long body, judging him. I feel so bad for Harry. It seems like I'm always getting him in trouble.

"What the hell is this? Noel...Baylor-"

"We broke up." Why is my voice so damn squeaky. My palms are sweating and I feel my heartbeat in my ears. I wonder if it shows.

"When?" she growls. Mother always loved Baylor. His money, title as captain of the football team, and his popularity had my mother's instant approval. Sometimes I thought if I wasn't dating him, she would.

"About a month ago." I say then look at Harry. He's chewing on his bottom lip, staring at his feet. He looks like a five year old getting scolded at.

"You tramp!" As soon as the words leave my mother's perfectly painted red lips, Harry's head snaps up. She laughs humorlessly and pathetically. She's acting mad. "You really can't keep any good fucking thing in your life, can't you? You had to screw up the one good thing you had going towards you. You already hang out with low class people, but having Baylor made up for it. But now, now you're royally screwed. And then I come home to this. To this...this bloody garbage in my house. Look at that piece of junk." She points to Harry like someone would point to gum under their shoes, disgusted and pissed off.

"Harry," he speaks up for the first time since my mum walked in. His low voice sends chills through me.

She turns on her ten inch heels to face him, "What?"

"My name is Harry."

"Well, Harry. How about you get the fuck out my house and go back to wherever you came from? Got it? I don't want to see you step foot on my property ever again." She walks up to him, her heels almost putting her his height. Almost. Harry looks defeated and I swallow the lump in my throat. Why can't anything go right for me?

Harry takes a step back and gives me one last look before heading for the front door. His green eyes that are usually shining with humor and happiness are empty and dull.

"But-"

"Don't you dare." she says to me. "It was time to put the trash out." she says as Harry leaves the house. I'm so furious, I could hardly see straight. She has no damn right to treat him that way. She can say whatever she wants to me but not him.

"Mum-"

"Look at you! Wearing his damn clothes, shoving your tongue down his throat. Where did you find him? Picked him up on the sidewalk?"

"No! It's not like that. Mum, Harry's...Harry's great, okay? If you could just give him a chance-"

"Fuck no! I don't give a damn about that boy. Now, let's just move past this. Come on, you go call Baylor and tell him you were delusional or something when you two broke up while I take a bath." She starts walk away.