Priceless by zaverivishal

zaverivishal

Story title: Priceless

"Excuse me, how much for this red rose? I asked the florist.

"₹ 100 for one sir" he replied with a hope.

"What? That's too much for single rose. I confirm that I want only one rose and not the whole bouquet. He confirmed me back that said price is for single rose only.

OK!!

"Let's try my bargaining skills," I talked to my self.

"I will give you only 50 bucks for one. As such the roses are not looking so fresh."

"Sir, I brought these roses in the morning only. There is a shortage in the market due to marriage season." I am hardly making some money out of it. Now a days my business is down due to the demonetisations effect. I will give you the best one without thorns. Please don't bargain on rate."

"Why you want a single rose?" He throw a million dollar question.

"For my Wife" I replied.

"Then why are you debating?"

I gave up on my bargaining skills and without uttering a word I pulled out my wallet and gave him the money. I felt the price is now OK for the life's lesson. I realise that some moments in life are PRICELESS.

My happiness has doubled as I have created a special moment and payback that florist for the lesson.