Mega-Virus

By Damienrocks118

5653,

Janson, Ohio...

It was another tough day for me and my Mom, being trapped in our own home, unable to leave thanks to the Mega-virus. While my Dad was living somewhere else after a divorce, we were at home. I was in my room while my Mom was cooking breakfast. My name is Mel. Only Mel. My memories of my last name was erased from my head. All the women of America lost their memories of their last names, thanks to the Suchers. Also thanks to them, none of us can leave our own homes either. Every women was under permanent house arrest.

My dream for this country is to be a Women's rights advocate. Especially during this time. I wanted to free women from tyranny. Especially my Mom. We all deserve more respect. The Suchers won't even let us leave our homes. It made everything tough for us. I couldn't let the Suchers think they've gained power over everything. I had to be the voice for those who suffered from tyranny. And tonight, my dream is going to become reality.

My best friend, Jake Scheider, is bringing his film camera to our house. Jake is a filmmaker wannabe and an expert network hacker. He agreed to help me achieve this dream. At least he cared about what I wanted. He's not like the Suchers. I heard a quiet knock on the front door and quickly got up from bed, changed into a black, short-sleeved T-shirt, and quietly walked out of my room and straight to the front door. The front door was right next to my room.

I opened the door and Jake was there. He wore a grey hoodie and black jeans and held a motion picture camera. "Good evening, Mel." He said, giving off a polite smile. "You ready for this?" "Yeah..." I sighed. "But, what about the Suchers? I'll be in serious trouble." "You wanted to do this, didn't you?" Jake asked, still sounding polite. "I'm starting to have second thoughts." I admitted. "What if they execute me? They're pretty serious about this kind of stuff, you know." "Trust me. They won't know." Jake said. "I've hacked into their network. They won't know." I felt more hopeful about this.

I can't explain how, but Jake had hooked up the camera to the worldwide television network. When Jake said I was live, I began my speech:

"My name is Mel. I bring you a message of hope. The Suchers have treated every woman of our country like toys. They think of it as their enjoyment. They think we can't fight. However, we can still take flight. And, allow ourselves to fight back. And, disallow ourselves to be under one's control. Those who are power-hungry shall not take office. We, as women, must be treated equally. Remember that for all your life."

The End.