The Hero Alvaro By SteveWilliamsJr

By SteveWilliamsJr 

The Hero Alavro

The hills across the valley of the Eborl were long and white. The tallest hill was Alvaro's place of daydreaming as well as grazing at his town. He had gone up there to escape from the townspeople, but all that stopped last summer. His life changed after he met his first friend-Calli-and she made a promise to him: "Promise me, Alvaro, you'll have lots and lots of friends when I get back."

In June, the valley around Alvaro's town was shimmering green under the blissful sun. Alvaro, on top of the hill, curved himself and rolled down on the cotton meadow. Even after that he still felt tears on his cheeks when Calli went with her mother and father to another town on a trip.

Then out on the bridge, three men stood outside of town laughing. Each of them had on apple colored clothes; one of them had a loose cap. Between them was a wheeled cart in covers.

Those men were new to Alvaro's eyes. He saw the trio walking onto the town. Alvaro moved at top speed. He had to tell Officer Felix. Inside the town, the townspeople were swarming the multi-streets with no worries. He rushed through the crowd: children covered their noses and pointed, ladies whispered by ear, and men played with the watch dogs.

After five minutes, Alvaro spotted Officer Felix talking to his special Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. He pulled on Felix's loose pants rapidly; he told Felix everything he saw and soon shouted for his men to come with canines. When Alvaro retold his story to them, Felix let out an immense yell and so did his men. Alvaro didn't think that Felix wouldn't doubt him on a serious matter, but he believed that it was one of Alvaro's fantasies. Alvaro was told countless times not to question Felix's ability as an officer, but this time Alvaro will be his eyes.

The second Alvaro snapped Felix's dog, the men's laughter was silenced. He handled the Swiss Mountain as if he had experience; those officers wouldn't want a boy messing with their boss. Officer Felix and his men were baited. The townspeople moved away by the barking dog. With everyone clearing a path for Alvaro, the trio was founded. Officer Felix and his men saw the trio in shock; while the officers send their dogs on the red trio, Officer Felix uncovered their cart hundreds of Molotov.

The trio was part of a group that cleared out towns and raid their homes for valuables and then arrested afterward. Alvaro looked at the townspeople how they were shaking his hand and hugging him closely. It was the first time he had ever felt a warmth from them the same like Calli.

After that, Alvaro continued to go to his hill and looked at his town. He kept on thinking how Calli would see him now