Virus Z by SilverGrace643

Virus Z by  SilverGrace643 

Jin's Pov

I miss the girl I was back then. Just a normal highschool teenage girl who loves to party, study and watch movies. The girl who has a great life with some few great friends and a loving brother. Life was utterly perfect for me.

Not until they came. They ruined my life. They were the reason why the world changed. They were the abomination.

I wonder what my past self would say about me now. A girl who uses a gun, the Jin who kills an innocent life, the Jin who bombs a horde of people. I never once thought I would hold a dagger and a gun to kill.

Well, to be honest, I'm not really sure if they are people anymore. More like lifeless lives coming and crawling from hell. Mutated and disbodied. They didn't know what they were, what they're doing, what they was before. It was like they didn't know what was around them. They don't really care what it was or what was moving.

To them, it was just food.

Nobody knew what this was. A virus or a just a sickness that needs to be cured. No one could identify what this kind of thing had done to the innocent people before. Though, this thing has the kind of potential to ruin humanity. Mostly, survivors.

All of us knew they had the characteristics of a zombie. No, it wasn't dumb. It wasn't slow either. It was more wittier, faster and much more dangerous.

My thought drifted off as I heard a clank from one of the rooms. From what I heard, it was an empty can dropping down the tiled floor, making the clanking sound. It continued for a moment as I stared at the door that I haven't checked out yet. I quickly held the gun up and heard a crunching sound like someone was eating. I slowly took silent steps, trying to hear a little bit more. Whether it was a human or not.

Silence then erupted a few minutes later and I stopped. I stood there, already infront of the door. I tried to hear a bit more but no sound came out. I didn't hear anything. Just breathing. I quickly kicked down the door, looking for the thing. I quickly furrowed my brows as I saw was a guy, raising his arms in surrender.

"D-Don't kill me, please," he said as I quickly lower my gun. I gave him a hand as he took it and stood up, dusting off his clothes.

"What were you doing anyway in that pile of rubbish? Do you want to get killed by those things out there? This place is already abandoned," I asked as I looked around the pile of debris and some cabinets that was already destroyed. The family that had lived here a long ago was probably alive or dead. The stranger looked at me as I searched around the room.

"I saw some supplies that could help me and saw food right over there," he said as he pointed at the chips that was under the table. I quickly took it and gave it to him. He looked at me as if I was crazy. "Why aren't you scared? What if I could kill you? Aren't you petrified of what might happen while you're getting that chips?" He asked as I looked at his empty utility belt. I gave him a smirk as I held his dagger and gun on my hand while my M1911 was on my belt.

"You're armed with a gun and a dagger. Nice choice to be honest. Though, I'm not scared that you might kill me since you were just armed a while ago, not right now." He quickly looked at his belt and growled. "Give that back," he said as I shook my head.

"No. You're going to follow me back to the HQ or if you wanted to die, you could stay here unarmed," I said as he glares at me. "Look girly, I have my own life at risk here. If you want to kill an innocent survivor, go ahead. I'm not going to stop you," he said as I looked at him.

I scoffed and crossed my arms, his weapons still at my hand. "Look pal, I don't mean to be rude but you're setting youself out here where those things could easily kill you. You need to come with me to the HQ or else." He quickly kicked my stomach while I block his attacks with my foot.

"I don't give a damn hell about your stupid HQ so just give me my damn weapons back!" He said as I dodge his attacks. I then heard a loud growling sound coming from the outside. The thing was there and I knew it. We drew enough sound from yelling and arguing and now it's here, waiting to devour us whole. Its footsteps were very loud and clear, making us a bit nervous.

It then made an unpleasant screeching sound using its claws as we covered our eyes in distress. It quickly stopped and looked at us. I look at it and didn't move. I knew it could sense a movement from the both of us so I quickly stopped flinching and shaking in fear. It clicked its tongue and approaches us slowly. I didn't move any muscles nor breathe. All I knew is that I need to survive.

I could see the thing approaching the guy as he blinks abruptly. I can't really help him since if I did try to move, it would turn its head to me and devour me like I was some kind of meal.

All the choice I had was to watch.