26

-Leyuh's Pov-

I rushed inside the house putting my purse down looking for Chris. He said he was going to wait for me to go to the hospital with him.

"Chris?" I asked as I heard sobs coming from his room.

I opened it. My heart broke seeing him tearing up.

"Chris, what happened?"

"Uh" he sniffled. "David's dying" he said as I started tearing up.

"He got in a coma and I don't think I'll have enough time to tell him how much I'm sorry and grateful for him" he choked on his words. "It's all my fault if he didn't have this condition, he wouldn't be suffering"

"No it wasn't your fault-"

"Leyuh I made him have the condition he has. He told you it was because it was of his age. He tells everyone but that's not it"

"What happened?"

"He had been asking for us to hang out and me being the stupid one always denied. One night he had bought me the car I've wanted. I was 16 at the time and so I wanted to take a spin on it. He got on as well and so we drove. I had a few drinks that day and one thing led to another and we crashed. It caused David to have seizures and a disorder I cannot pronounce but it's my fault I just don't know what to do"

"Hey" I hugged him as I made him look into my eyes. "It's not your fault he's in the hospital he'll be okay don't worry" I kissed his cheek as I hugged him again.

"I hope he is"

-----
-next day-

I pushed the wheelchair David was in and walked out of the hospital.

I had gotten up early to go handle David at the hospital. It took 3 hours for the whole process of the room he was staying in and the condition and everything. David wouldn't let me know the condition.

"So glad I'm going back to work" he said happily.

I was alone with him. And Chris said he was gonna be there to pick him up.

I soon see Chris's truck pull up as he got out and helped David in the passenger's seat.

I got in the back putting David's stuff away in the back as well.

I closed my door as Chris closed David's going in the driver's seat.

He sat there for a few seconds before speaking up.

"I-I'm sorry what happened" he said quietly.

David chuckled as Chris gave him a death glare.

"Why are you laughing? This isn't a joke"

"Son, you don't have to be sorry about anything. I'm fine. I can't wait to go home" David smile.

"Grandpa it's my fault you're like this"

His smile turned into a frown.

"Christian. I'm getting old. I'm 72 years old. What you did had nothing to do with why I was at the hospital. Can we please talk about this at home?"

"I already told Leyuh the story. Well not the rest but of what I did"

There's more?

"Still som, let's talk about this later. Please, let's just go home and let me rest"

Chris started the car as he pulled out of the hospital.

I stayed there looking at the window seeing the rain drops, drop on the window.