The Accident

Sqaishey's POV     

     I could honestly not believe that Stampy and his friends had taken the time to put this together for me. He was constantly reaching extravagant subscriber counts, and all I did was say a simple congrats. What I really couldn't believe was that we got to stay for three nights at Tom and Netty's private resort. I wasn't much of a skier anyway, but neither was Stampy. We thought it would be more fun that way. Usually he's always the one who's good at everything. It would be nice to have both of us at the same level, and it would be fun to watch us flail around everywhere. 

     "Beth, what are you doing?" laughed Stampy, eyeing my phone. 

     "Joe, it's called Snapchat," I said. "It's really fun. You should try it."

     "That looks ridiculous," he remarked. "I haven't any time for something like that," he said, staring at my face with the puppy filter. 

     Suddenly the filter transferred onto his face. We both burst into a fit of giggles. Hopefully  Stampy would now consider getting a Snapchat. It would be hilarious to see him use all the filters. 

     "Joe, are we almost there?" I asked, annoyed at how far away this place was. 

     Stampy quickly checked the GPS built in right next to the steering wheel. "It looks like we are three minutes away," he said. 

     "Thank goodness," I said. "I'm starting to get reckless." We had already been in the car for three hours. 

     When we finally arrived at the ski resort, Stampy and I set off straight away to start skiing. We started off with a ski run meant for children. Neither of us had been skiing in years. I slid gracefully down the run without any trips or mistakes. Stampy however, went tumbling down the run. As soon he started going downward, he started flailing his arms around and screaming. He reminded me of a little kid. He finished off the run with two forward rolls and came sliding next to me on his butt. 

     "I thought cats were supposed to land on their feet, Joe," I giggled. 

     "Well, erm, maybe not," he said, laughing. 

     "Joe, how about we try a simple green run," I said. "They're geared towards kids, and they're much less steeper."

     "Okay," he said. "I was just getting used to skiing. I bet I'll do way better this time."

     "Ha! Doubt it!" I said. "I haven't skiied since I was nine. I guess it just comes naturally to some." We walked towards the chairlift giggling about. 

     "Chairlifts are really fun, Bethany," squealed Stampy as we were soaring above the mountain. 

     "I know!" I said. "All of the people are so tiny!"

     Suddenly Stampy let out a huge sneeze. I just shrugged. He had hay fever anyway, and I was used to him sneezing all the time. Stampy suddenly started itching his nose like mad. Then he made the weirdest facial expression just as we were approaching the highest point of the chairlift. 

     "Joe!" I cried. "What's going on? Are you okay?" 

     "Ah, ah , ah!" he said wearily. 

     "Joe! Speak to me!" I screamed. "Is there a spider on me, because if there is you better man up!"

     I could tell that Stampy wasn't okay. Suddenly he let out a huge sneeze, then two more, and then they started all happening really fast. The sneezes were coming out faster than he could blink. He sounded like a Windex bottle. I was very freaked out, and I could tell the sneezes were hurting him. Then, he sneezed himself off the chairlift. At first, I was in shock. My body was telling me what to do, but it would not respond. "Joe!" I screamed, finally.

     "Beth, relax I'm fine," he said with an uneasy tone in his voice. 

     "No Joe, I'm jumping after you. I'll make it so that you fall on top of me. It's better me gone then you." I cried. 

     "Bethany Jayne Bates, do you understand me!?" he shouted, still falling. Whatever you do, DO NOT JUMP!" 

     "Okay, okay. I don't think you'll be fine falling from fifty feet though," I sobbed. "Joe I love yo-" Before I had even finished my word, Stampy tumbled onto a nearby tree. I had a small bit of hope for a second, but he rolled right off of the tree, screaming my name. 

     He hit the hard dirt beneath the tree with his head. The rest of his body fell on top of it, and I heard a loud crack. It was the worst feeling in the world, seeing the love of your life fifty feet below you, knowing there's nothing you can do about it...