Just a Month

REAL WORLD SQAISHEY'S POV

The entire gang and I were all gathered around Stampy in his hospital bed mourning over the bad news. The doctors had just told us that Stampy's condition wasn't improving at all. It was a waste to have him on so many medications when the chances of him waking up were decreasing by the day.

"But he's only been out for two months! The world record is thirty seven years!" I argued, trying to convince the doctors. However, they had all come to a conclusion and they were giving Stampy just a month.

A lot can happen in a month. I reached several thousand subscribers in a month. Stampy had met me and then not even a month later, we started dating. Those were all things that had already happened. Could Stampy wake up in a month? That was the question. I really didn't know anymore.

I had started doing 'Stampy Updates' on my YouTube channel just to let the fans know what was happening. Stampy had always been very private about his personal life. He freaked out the first time he recorded a Let's Talk video in his office, wondering what people would think of it. I assured him that he had a nicer office than most people's bedrooms, but he didn't agree.

If he'd let me, I would've done an entire house tour and made a vlogging channel where I'd post vlogs everyday about our personal life. Stampy didn't like the idea of it, though. Luckily he hadn't found my other Instagram featherthrows. He would've killed me if he'd found out I'd been posting pictures of our bedroom and kitchen. 

Needless to say, Stampy would probably be mad if he found out I was doing updates on his condition. I disagreed, as over eight and a half million people were fans of him, why not let them know how he is?

I quickly filmed another Stampy Update about how he only had around a month left to live, unless he woke up. I tried so hard not to cry, but I couldn't handle it. Stampy meant the world to me. I had been sobbing all day, actually, and it was hard to stop. Just then, Squid and Netty pulled me aside. 

"Sqaish," said Netty. "Can we talk to you?"

Oh great. This again. I sighed. "Yeah." They pulled me aside. 

"I know this is hard for you," Squid said. "It's hard for all of us. Stamps is our best friend, he's Netty's brother, your boyfriend, and..." Squid paused. "It's okay to cry, we've been crying all afternoon, but there's something we need to tell you."

Netty hugged me. "We've all known Stamps for a whole lot longer than you," she said. "That doesn't make us any better than you, but there's something he never told you. He used to talk about it all the time, but he's stopped because it just embarrasses him. But, I've still seen it within him," said Netty.

This was starting to get confusing. "What are you guys talking about?" I cried. 

"What we mean to say is, Stamps had a message that he always lived by, no matter what. It was 'never give up'. He knew it was cheesy; it was the moral to almost every story, but that was why it meant so much to him," Squid told me. 

"When we were kids," said Netty, "That was all he ever talked about. He would always encourage his friends if they didn't do well in something to never loose hope. He told them one day, things would change, no matter how long it took."

"And Stamps would want you to do the same," said Squid. "One day, he will wake up, but you just have to believe. You can't give up, because then the coma wins. You have to just keep fighting! Your belief has to be stronger than the coma's hatred, because when that happens, the coma has nothing left to fight for. You win, and Stamps is back," Squid said. 

Netty looked at me with encouraging eyes. "And we may only have a month," she said. "But a lot can happen in a month.