You Have to Believe Me!

I didn't hesitate at all. I drove to Sqaishey's apartment as fast as I possibly could. Then I ran inside and knocked at her door. 

"Hello?" she said. "Oh, hi Joe! What are you doing here?"

"I'm not Joe," I said. "I'm Stampy. How are you Sqaishey?"

Sqaishey rolled her eyes. "Sorry Joe," she said. "April Fools was a while ago."

I couldn't believe her. She really didn't remember anything? "I'm not joking," I said. "This is Stampy. Now answer my question, how are you Sqaishey?" 

Sqaishey looked so confused. "I don't get it..." she said. "Who's Sqaishey? What does Stampy mean?" 

"You're Sqaishey!" I cried. "I'm Stampy! We're Sqaishey and Stampy! Sqampy!"

Sqaishey looked concerned. "Joe, come here," she said. "We need to take you to a doctor."

Now she was really making me mad. "I don't need a doctor! I need Sqaishey!" I cried. 

"Well if I'm apparently Sqaishey, then I'm right here. Can you explain to me what's going on?" she said. 

I took a deep breath and nodded. "Does "Hellooooooo thiiiiiis is Stampyyyyyy!" mean anything to you, anything at all? Does it remind you of something?" 

She thought for a minute. "Well, no not really," she said.

"What about "Hello everyone and welcome to TWINS with me Sqaisheyyyyy and my twin, Stampy!" ?" I asked her.

"I recognize that!" she cried. "But I don't where it's from. It's so vague," she said. 

This was good.  "Okay," I said. "I know this is going to seem really hard to believe but you have to believe me!" 

"Um, okay," she said. "Go on."

I took a deep breath. "This," I said. "Isn't the real world. I'm apparently in a coma and this is a parallel universe. In the real world there is a website called YouTube that allows you to make and upload videos. People can comment, like, and subscribe on the videos. You and I are extremely famous YouTubers called Stampy and Sqaishey. We make gaming videos together, and we're also dating. We have a huge fanbase too. I had 8 million subscribers and you had just reached 9 hundred thousand when everything went wrong," I said.

"Joe, what are you talking about?!" she cried. 

"I took you on a skiing trip to celebrate, but then I fell off the chairlift and now I'm in a coma. I'm still technically in the real world, but I'm also here too, in this parallel universe. No one knows who I am, and YouTube isn't a thing. When I find a way out of this place, I'll wake up from my coma," I said. 

"Joe, I'm sorry," said Sqaishey. "But I think you're going crazy."

"I'm not!" I cried. "I know almost everything about you because you told me in the real world."

She laughed as if to say "Uh huh, totally." "Fine," she said. "Tell me then."

"Your name is Bethany Jayne Bates. You're twenty years old and you were born on the 18th of November in 1996. Your mum, Tracy is a professional baker and you have two older brothers named Andy and Nick. You have a dog named Pepsi and a cousin whom you're very close with named Katie," I said. I knew that was all true. "You've also overcome three eating disorders in your lifetime and you were bullied a lot as a kid."

Sqaishey looked shocked. "How did you...?" 

I smiled. "Because," I said, "my story is true. We were so close in the real world; you told me everything."

"But how? You must've came and visited my mum and her tell you all that!" she cried. 

"I didn't! Sqaishey please! I have one more thing! When I got my new phone, in the real world, I never wanted to do the fingerprint thing. You said one day it would come in handy, and it did. When I first got transported into this world, everything on my old phone was erased. All my apps, pictures, everything. But when I unlock it with my fingerprint, I get everything back! That means I have YouTube. I can show you our videos!" I cried.

"Okay, fine," Sqaishey sighed. "Show me."

I opened up YouTube and went to my channel. "See?" I said. "This is my channel, stampylonghead, and... here's yours, Sqaishey Quack," I said. "Oh! It looks like you've just posted a new video! Wanna watch it?"

"Sure?" she said as if it was a question.

The video had only been posted five minutes ago. When it loaded I could see that Sqaishey's beautiful face was splotchy and red and tears were streaming down her face. She had been crying.

"That's me!" Sqaishey cried. "Why am I crying?" 

"I don't know," I said. "Let's watch it."

"Hello, everyone," sniffed Sqaishey. "I'm really sorry that I'm crying, it's just... the doctors have given me some news about Stampy. It's not good. I've decided to give you guys a little update on him and what's going to happen to his channel," she said. 

"Oh my gosh! What's happened to you?" Sqaishey asked. 

"I told you," I said. "I'm in a coma."

Sqaishey in the video panned the camera around my body. I just laid there, motionless. "So," she said. "If you've been following along with these updatey things you would know that Stampy has been in a coma for two months now. He hasn't gotten any better, and the doctors..." I could tell Sqaishey was on the verge of tears. "Think he's... not, ... going," Sqaishey broke down into tears. "To make it," she sobbed. 

I turned my head towards Sqaishey. "Sqaishey I'm gonna die!" I cried.

Video Sqaishey stopped crying and started talking again. They're gonna give him one more month," she said. "That's all," then she started crying again. 

I could tell Sqaishey was shocked. "I know this is a lot to take in, but do you believe me now?" I asked.

She nodded. "But, can I watch some of the videos we made? I want to know what we're like."

I knew exactly where to start. "Sure," I said, pulling up the adventure map video. "This is where it all began. We play a game called Minecraft where you can build stuff. You made me this adventure map."

"Woah!" she cried. "I did that?" 

I nodded. "Yeah, and then I saw and commented," I told her. 

"Wow!" she cried.

"Then I told you we should start a series together. That's how Sqampy began," I said. 

I showed her several episodes of Sky Den, Cave Den, Ocean Den, Super Happy Fun Times, and Twins. It looked like she loved every minute of it. 

After showing her all of her songs, she turned around to face me. 

"Wait, hold on a second," she said. "It's coming back! Stampy-I-I I remember! Stampy I remember! I remember it all!"

I couldn't believe my ears. My plan had worked! Sqaishey remembered! She knew who I was! 

"Steak in a hole! Steak in a hole!" sang Sqaishey. I hadn't even shown her that episode yet! "There's a bed in a barrel in a boat in a boat!" she sang once again. I hadn't shown her that episode either. 

I couldn't believe she actually remembered! For the rest of the night we watched our old videos and made silly jokes. I had never been happier.