Gone

Longer ones to come! Yay!! I'll be making them a lot longer soon!

----------------------------------------------

"Dang it!" You yelled, when you had dropped your glass cup making it shatter everywhere.

"Ow!" You lift up your foot to find little pieces of glass in your foot.

You tried your best to walk over to the table where you could sit down without glass being over there. You started picking the pieces of glass out of your foot one by one. Once you got all of the glass out of your foot, you carefully walk out away from the glass to go get some shoes. You slip on your shoes, and walk back to the kitchen.

You grab the broom and dustpan and begin sweeping up all of the pieces of glass, making sure you don't leave any behind for you to step on later.

You suddenly saw your phone light up on the counter and Jacob's contact popped up. You walk over to your phone and answer it.

"Hey, Jacob!" You smiled.

"Hey. What are you doing?" He replied.

"Sweeping up glass. I dropped my cup." You laugh.

"You?" You chuckles slightly.

"Hold on, I'll put you on speaker so I can multitask." You put it on speaker and set your phone back on the counter.

"So.. what's up?" You ask, while sweeping up the rest of the glass.

"Nothing. I just felt like calling." He sounded upset.

"I've got nothing better to do" You chuckle.

"You want to come over?" You asked, still sweeping up glass.

There was a long pause on the other end of the phone.

"Y/N.." His voice cracked.

You put down the broom, walked over to your phone and took it off speaker, bringing it to your ear.

"What's wrong?" You were getting really concerned.

"I-I need you.." His voice was hoarse.

"Okay. It's okay, Jacob. I'll be there." You ran out the door, running down the sidewalk.

You ran down the sidewalk running as fast as you could.

When you finally reached Jacob's house you didn't bother knocking.

You walk upstairs and find him in his room, sitting on his bed with his hands covering his ears, crying.

"Jacob.." you said softly.

He looked at you, and you could see the tears in his eyes. But then he quickly averted his gaze back to the floor.

"What's wrong?" You walked over to him and bent down to see his face since he was looking at the ground.

He didn't respond.

You put you hands on both his cheeks and gently lifted his face to look at you.

"What's going on, Jacob? I'm here." You rubbed your thumb slowly on his cheek to comfort him more.

"Caroline.... S-she's gone.." he broke down.

Tears streaming down his face. He couldn't hold it in any longer.

You were in complete shock. Caroline?
Tears began to well up in your eyes.
You were at a complete loss of words.

"Jacob.. it's okay, I'm here." You pulled him toward you, and hugged him tightly, as he cried.

"I'm sorry." You say, as tears start falling.

"I'm sorry, Jacob." You cried.