Dad? (pt. 2)

"Come on! Just once!" Jacob whined, handing you a remote control to his Xbox.

"I already know I'm going to lose. Besides, I hate that game!" You walk past him into his kitchen to get some water.

"What if I go easy on you?" He asks, walking into the kitchen.

"You? Going easy on me? Yeah, right." You laugh, knowingly.

You walk over to the cabinet and grab a cup.

"I promise! Just play with me!" He whined.

"Fine," you sigh, walking over to his fridge.

"But only one round." You grab the water, pouring some into the glass you had in your hand before putting the water back into the fridge, closing it behind you.

"Yes!" He quickly ran to the living room with excitement.

He walked back to you and handed you the controller.

You groan as you take the remote in hand. You absolutely hated the game because every single time you played with Jacob, you would lose.

*

The round had finished and once again you had lost. You knew he wasn't really going to go easy on you; he never does.

"Yes!" Jacob cheered as he fist pumped the air in success.

"I won again!"

You groan in frustration, not making eye contact with Jacob.

You get up from the couch, turning on your heal towards the bathroom.

"Where are you going? Are you mad?" He questions, following close behind you.

"No, Jacob, I have to use the bathroom." You chuckle as you roll your eyes.

"Ohhhhh..." he chuckles, awkwardly.

*

After you finished using the bathroom you for a call from your mom. You sigh and just let it ring. You walk out of the bathroom feeling the weight of the work on your shoulders.

"You're phone is ringing." Jacob suddenly spoke from behind you, making you jump.

"I know.." you mumble, not making eye contact with him.

"Well, aren't you going to answer it?" His eyebrows furrowed together as he watched you avoid his eyes.

"No." You walk past him, intending to go to the front door, but before you could he caught your hand, making you turn around to look at him. That's when he caught your eyes.

"What's the matter, Y/N? Who is it?" His voice filled with worry.

"It's my dad. I don't want to talk to him. Or even about him." You sigh.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go."

"Wait, I thought you were staying here tonight?" Jacob still had ahold of your wrist, not willing to let go.

"I was. But I'm just gonna go home.." You replied, taking your hand out of Jacob's now loose grip.

"I'm just gonna lock my door. I can't stay with you forever," You paused.

"Even if I wanted too." And with that, you turned around and walked out the door.

You walk down the sidewalk as the sun started to go down. You eyes were locked on the ground, kicking small pebbles on the sidewalk. For a moment, you look up, only to run into someone.

You hit the ground, harshly hitting your head.

"Oh my god, Y/N! Are you okay?"

You sit up bringing your hand up to your hand that was now throbbing.

"Here." You look up and see Mario with his hand extended towards you.

You take his hand as he helps you off the ground.

"Are you okay?" He can you a worried look, as he checked your head for any further injuries.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You laugh, watching him check your head for any cuts from the harsh sidewalk.

"Good." He lets out a sigh of relief, before grabbing his bag that he dropped in the ground. 

"Where are you going, Y/N?"

"Back home." You reply.

"Want me to take you?" His words were sincere and gentle.

"No, that's okay. You have somewhere to go." You smiled before waving goodbye to him.

"See you later, Y/N!" He gave you one last smile before turning, and continuing to run down the sidewalk.

----------------------------------------------

This one was short, mianhae! I know this is a really short chapter. Please forgive me! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed it!