Project Panic (nagisa x reader)

What the hell. You're sitting in your living room with practically a stranger and you're both freaking out at 10 PM over a poster, scissors, construction paper, and glue. Why?

A week before, you had been doodling idly in your chemistry notes, when the teacher announced that everyone needed a partner and a poster with all of the periodic elements, due next Monday. You hadn't thought too much about it because chemistry wasn't all that difficult, much less copying the entire element table on a poster board. The trouble was finding a partner since it was a new-ish class.

Looking around, you saw that pretty much everyone in the class already had formed their unspoken groups, just by seeing the way they look at each other as soon as a group project is mentioned. You decided to wait and see if your teacher would just let you do it alone, but all hope was diminished as soon as he started taking names down of who had a partner and who didn't.

He looked at you and, as you were about to ask him if going solo was an option, said, "(Y/N) how about you and uh... Nagisa." Who? You looked to see who the teacher had been pointing towards and made direct eye contact with a blonde-haired boy who was in the middle of a conversation with a Kou. Oh. He got up and started to walk over.

As he got closer, you noticed that he was pretty cute. He smiled again and said, "Hi, I'm Nagisa. You're (Y/N), right? We haven't talked yet. Nice to meet you."

Now fast forward 6 days, on Sunday night, you were about to head to bed when you got a creeping feeling that something was missing. You had everything set for the next morning, brushed your teeth and hair, finished your homework. Homework--the project. SHIT. You quickly hopped off your bed and grabbed your phone off of it's charger, hurriedly scrolling through your contacts. Upon seeing Nagisa's name, you immediately tapped on it and dialed him, listening to it ring.

Thankfully, he picked up after the third ring. "(Y/N)? What's up? It's like 9:30 at night." He sounded like he had just woken up.

"Our project." Was all you had to say before you hear a distant "SHIT" on the other line. He frantically asked for your address and said he would be over as soon as possible. Around 9:50, a car pulled up your driveway and out came the cute blonde boy, speeding walking up to your door with a plastic bag full of supplies.

You opened the door and smiled when you saw that he was kind of out of breath, probably from running around the store. "Hey! Bought some stuff to make it look like we totally didn't just forget to do a project assigned a week ago." You laughed and welcomed him in, directing him to the living room where you had the poster board. And now, here you are, in a total panic about doing the project nicely, while attempting to stay awake.

He unpackaged everything and set it out, setting the trash off in a pile near the coffee table. You pulled out your periodic table and mapped out a plan for the poster. After going over the basic blueprints, he got to cutting squares of construction paper, making sure the colours coordinated with nonmetals, metals, and metalloids.

"How did we forget the project when he gave us literally an entire week to do it?" You asked, mindlessly cutting paper and gluing onto the board. He shrugged and smiled.

"I'm always forgetting stuff like this. But the real question is how did you forget? You're always on top of homework and stuff." He smiled and looked up at you. "I'm starting to think you 'forgot' so that you could have a reason to call me late at night and ask me over to your house."

You laughed and rolled your eyes. "Yeah okay Mr. Hot-Shot."

"What? I'm totally sure of it. No other explanation." He finished the last square and glued it on the poster. You smiled but didn't say anything, feeling a bit tired.

He grabbed a sharpie out of the supply haul and started writing the elements on each square. After a little while he saw out of the corner of his eye how you were sort of dozing off as you were picking up the plastic wrappers. Nagisa finished the poster and glanced over to see that you were asleep sitting up, propped up against the couch. He smiled to himself before getting up.

The next morning you had woken up in your bed with blankets piled on top of you. Not remembering half of what happened last night, you got up and stretched before seeing a note on your bedside table next to a propped up poster board neatly made. The note read, 'Had fun last night. Feel free to call me anytime, regardless of a forgotten assignment or not. :)'

You smiled to yourself. You both had gotten a B+ (Due to some of the transitions and atomic numbers being incorrect) and you got a date out of it. Wasn't that bad forgetting an important assignment.

-------------------------------------------
WOWOW. Boy do it feel weird writing on this site again. I checked and I haven't updated for an ENTIRE YEAR HOLY SNAPS. I literally woke up from a nap at 12 AM in a cold sweat and decided "Hey let's go through comments on my wattpad. And I saw that while a lot were sad that I left (I love y'all so much omg), some were upset over the fact that poor baby Nagisa only got 1 chapter. So, in my cold sweat and groggy after-nap-ness, I pulled this out. It's really short i'm sorry but it should do for a test in the water. I haven't watched anime recently, much less Free. I REALLY got into Mystic Messenger and,,,,,,,,don't yell at me but,,,,,,,Killing Stalking.

ANywAy,, I just wanted to update for fun, maybe maybe maybe (keyword: MAYBE) come back and write more, depending on school and how I feel because it's been mainly stress lately :/ I hope y'all like this!! I miss you all and I so so so appreciate all the nice and funny comments and that I have HALF A MILLION READS NOW. I LOVE ALL OF YOU DEARLY I WISH YOU ALL CLEAR SKIN, HEALTHY LIFE, GOOD GRADES, AND LOVE OF DOGS (or cats depending on which one you like better//or both!!) I'm gonna go pass the hell out so goodnight/morning/afternoon for all of you lovely beans. Bye bye!!!!