Stay (makoharu x child!reader)

So, in an earlier written fanfic, I ended it with a bit of RinHaru. A lot of you said 'Yes' but a fair amount said 'No'. I, myself moved towards MakoHaru more so this fanfic will be including Makoto and Haru as a couple.

———

"Haru, let's take a walk." Makoto smiled, poking his head into the room where Haru sat staring at his enormous collection of similar swimsuits. He nodded and they were off.

The two walked side by side, hands linked, on the sidewalk. They were having a good time as any, not stuck in the house anymore. Makoto had bought lunch and Haru suggested that they sit on a park bench by the ocean.

That was when they found you.

Haru sat leaned over, head laid on Makoto's broad shoulder. They both had heard a faint whimpering noise.

"Haru.. Did you hear that?" The taller one said, looking around. Haru had definitely heard, judging by the way his eyes darted around, searching for the source of the distressed noises.

They both stood when the whimpering grew a bit louder. Haru looked by the public building near the park bench and found a child, hands clenching a small, dirt-stained plush rabbit.

"Makoto, I think I found something." He called out, his eyes colored with concern and confusion. The brunett rushed over to see the crying child, who seemingly backed away as the moments flew past. Haru crouched down to your height and spoke softly.

"Hey.. It's okay. What's your name?" You didn't speakfor a minute. You're eyes welt up with more tears as you opened your mouth.

"(Y/N)." You managed to squeak. Haru smiled gently and held his hand out, as if you were a cautious animal. You reached out reluctantly and touched his large hand with your own.

"Haru, I think she likes you." Makoto had been looking at his partner in a loving way, watching as he spoke with you. He asked you a question.

"Where are your parents?" All you did was shake your head. Fear filled your eyes as you hurriedly looked around, as if you were making sure someone wasn't around. Makoto had gotten the horrifying hint, with a look of sadness.

"We should take her home." Haru said after a moment, turning towards Makoto.

"Haru, we have no idea how to take care of another person, much less a four year old." He said, although he knew Haru wasn't going to take no for an answer. It's one of the many reasons he loved the black-haired water maniac. "Okay, fine."

Haru picked you up, and your tiny hands clutched to the back of his shirt, hugging him tightly as if you now knew you were finally safe. Haru's smiled deepened.

Your stinging eyes felt heavier and heavier with the steps he took, pushing you farther into sleep.

———

It was probably midnight when you opened your eyes. The nightmare you had just gone through was over but you still couldn't sleep. You couldn't sleep, knowing that the terrible man that left you was still out there.

You may be young but you knew right from wrong, and that man was terribly wrong.

Your eyes adjusted to the dark area, so you hopped off the mini futon and walked around the room you were in. You rubbed your sleepy eyes and stopped upon a room where you heard noises.

Makoto was snoring away when you stepped into the small room. You found Haru's side and immediately climbed up, settling yourself next to him. You fell asleep half on top of him, his arm caging your small body in a warm embrace.

Haru, who had woken up to the footsteps, smiled and fell asleep.