Chapter fifteen.

Ezra looked forward to work the next day, so much that he was early. He walked through the gate and crossed the yard, not seeing anyone else outside. He entered the Church where Father David was busy setting out chorus books for mass.

"Father, what can I do for you today?"

"Well, if you don't mind the sisters could use some help in the kids building. I believe they're assembling some shelves and stuff."

"Sure thing."

Ezra exited the church and made his way to the children's building, just as excited to see the kids as he was Eve. He opened the door and stepped into the large play area, the kids were all gathered around Sister Mary as she read, to his left Sister Ruth and Sister Eve had pieces of a shelf at their feet and were reading directions.

"Ladies, can I help you with that?" He offered.

"Sure," Sister Ruth said with a bright smile.

Eve handed him the instructions she had been reading but didn't speak, when he reached for the paper just for a second his fingers brushed hers and he felt a jolt of electricity. He wanted to hold her again and kiss her lips and tell her how much he missed her overnight, but he couldn't.

He opened the directions, and pretended to be interested in the wooden shelves and it's many pieces. Eve waited until he was truly distracted to duck away, leaving Ruth to help him.

It took him all of thirty minutes to put the cheap shelving together and offer to go get lemonade for the kids. He walked across the yard and stepped into the Nuns housing without knocking. Eve was standing near the sink drinking hot tea.

"Hey," He said, starting across the floor to her.

"Hey," She replied setting down her tea and turning to face him.

He didn't waste time as he crossed the floor and cupped her cheek with one hand bringing his lips down to hers. She hesitated a minute before she began to timidly respond and kiss him back.

He pulled back before things could get too far out of hand, resting his forehead against hers. She sighed softly and closed her eyes.

"I've wanted to do that all day."

"You've only been here a few minutes," She teased.

"I know," he stole another chaste kiss.

When he pulled away this time it was harder, each kiss and every time he held her made it harder to let her go.

"What we're doing.....it's so shameful," She said softly.

"Eve....Baby...."

"It's not because of what we're doing but because...I'm a nun.....you make me want things that.....I don't understand.....things I promised I wouldn't want." Her voice broke as she spoke and there was a slight tremble in her lower lip.

"Shhh, shhhh, it's okay." He soothed, kissing her lips quickly then her cheeks and forehead.

"I...I can't just walk away from my vows," She said with a soft whimper.

"I know, I know that."

"but I can't....I can't walk away from you either," She admitted, looking up at him with wide innocent eyes.

"I'm sorry I put you here, but I can't walk away either."

He leaned down one more time to kiss her, taking her lips gently with his. He didn't want to stop, didn't need to go further. For the first time in his adult life he was completely happy just standing there, kissing her.