Chapter Nineteen.

If the photo works it's of Ivan.

For two days the nuns, Father David and the children stayed at the safe house, Ezra made frequent trips back and forth between there and the clubhouse. Ivan met Ezra a few days later outside the safe house.

"Is that her?" Ivan asked, motioning to Sister Eve who was sitting on the porch reading to a small girl.

"Yeah, that's her."

"Other than the you know....being a nun....she's hot." Ivan admitted.

"Yeah, she's perfect. So, what did you find out?"

"You're not going to like it," Ivan said.

"Just...what'd you find?"

"There are too many Lost Souls, Ezra. There are just too many even if Laurel and her club came in to war with me we couldn't win. They out number us ten to one and we lost too many people when we were at war with the Aces Wild a few months ago. I'm sorry Ezra, we can't get involved with this, not this time."

"I was afraid you would say that," Ezra said.

"If I knew an avenue to get to the president maybe knock off the top five guys maybe but.....I can't Ezra, I'm really sorry."

"It's okay I understand, what kind of into did you get on the President?"

"Why? What are you thinking?" Ivan asked, seeming wary.

"Nothing, don't worry about me."

"Ezra don't go off half cocked and do something stupid, more stupid than sleeping with a nun," Ivan begged as Ezra walked away, most likely ignoring him.

Ezra crossed the front yard and stepped up onto the small wooden porch where Eve was reading to the small girl.

"Father David, Sister Ruth and Sister Mary took the other children for a walk. Marguerite didn't want to go," Eve said with a smile.

"I see, can I talk to you alone?"

"Sure."

She set the girl on her feet and gently steered her into the cabin, pulling the door closed she turned to him.

"Let's walk," He said, motioning with his head.

"Okay,"

She fell instep beside him as they headed down a dirt path that wound further into the woods.

"I've been thinking a lot about us," He admitted.

"Me too and I think.....I think.....I will leave the Church."

"Wait, what?" He stopped their pace, catching her arm to stop her.

"I'll leave....I'll leave to be with you," She said.

"Eve....."

"I love you Ezra and......I will do whatever I have to do to have a life with you."

"I love you too."

He leaned down before he could talk himself out of it and kissed her, long and deep. Pulling away he brushed his knuckles against her cheek, he couldn't let her leave the Church for him.

"I can't ask you to do that," He said.

"I want too."

He leaned in for one more chaste kiss, he wanted a life for her. He wanted to spend the rest of his days making her happy but he knew that wasn't going to happen. He saw the kind of life a wife of a biker had, saw what they did to Laurel to get to Ivan. If they ran off together now the Church would suffer, the gang would never back down. He had to take care of the Lost Souls, that was a fact.