08| BLITZKRIEG

Can you tell me is it real or is it all in my head?

     IT will never be easy, living in Beacon Hills, of course. To pass a day without problems seemed completely preposterous, every single damn time. After separating from Theo last night, Scott and Liam literally forbade her to see him for a while, saying just in case if he tries to do something that is harmful for her safety. They didn't even tell the brunette where they took him, much to her displeasure. It is still hard to grasp the fact that Theo had returned to the living world, and her heart extremely wanted to believe that he really has changed, but that's the thing, she was scared. She was afraid to believe in something that is still nebulous on the outcome. Sure she still has feelings for him, perhaps it will never change, but she knew this was not the right time to think about her love life.

"His tracks outside lead north from here." Chris broke the heavy silence around the four of them, gripping the gun tight as he walked closer to the gate where the Rider was.

Cassandra, Melissa and Nicole followed behind him closely. Actually, the stone cottage is the last place she wanted to visit after last night and Corey's disappearance, but her dad desperately wanted to see the Rider's dead body through Parrish's footsteps. And yes, you read that correctly, Nicole decided to go with them since she was fed up of being left behind. She wants to be useful, searching for clues to help the youngest Argent and the pack to get everyone back, but there's still no proper way to get rid of the Wild Hunt, except to give up what belongs to them which is the Black Hound inside Cassandra.

Nicole pulled out a disgust look towards the lifeless Rider on the ground. "Is he dead?"

"Yeah, surprise, isn't it?" Cassandra replied as they watched Melissa examine the body.

"Oh." Melissa scrunched up her nose then sighed. "This one's gone, too. Why take a Ghost Rider's pineal gland?"

"So I could use this." Douglas's voice boomed, making them all turn their heads to him. In a blink of an eye, he flicked the Rider's whip and knocked down the gun from Chris's hand. Cassandra stepped protectively in front of them, slightly growling. Douglas cocked an eyebrow at her, smirking in amusement. "What a nice welcome, but not now, darling."

"What do you want?" Chris questioned icily.

Melissa breathed heavily, hooking one arm with Nicole's. "Not our pineal gland, I hope. We're still using them."

"I want you to help me find a Hellhound."

"What the friggin' hell is a Hellhound?" Nicole mumbled curiously to Melissa, but she just mouthed not now to the other brunette.

Cassandra tilted her head. "You were tracking him. But, you lost his scent."

"I found him on both of you." Douglas glanced between her and Chris. "Which tells me–"

"Nothing." Chris cut him off sternly. "We can't help you."

"That's too bad. Then I have no use for you." He pressed his lips together, staring down at the lifeless Ghost Rider. Chris tried to take his gun on the floor, but at the same time, Douglas grabbed him by the throat and began to crush it. Cassandra gasped and was about to help her dad, but Douglas stopped her. "Not fast enough and darling, I'm not going to lay a finger on me if I were you. You see, your father's life is actually on my hands at the moment."

Cassandra gritted her teeth, fists clenching tightly. "Let him go, you asshole."

"I'll do it once you agree to help me." Douglas added more pressure to the grip, causing Chris to let out a painful groan.