Chapter 9

Jazz

I watched as Kahlil walk out of my room. I liked him but not him selling drugs. I pulled my knees up to my chest and thought about what I was going to do.

3 weeks later........

I now work at this Law Firm as this old white mans assistant. He sends me on runs to get coffee and shit like that. Nothing major but the money is good .

I found my own little place in midtown. I'm still in school. I avoid kahlil so much I don't even see him anymore we haven't talked since that day.

"Hello, Welcome to King and Associates how may I help you I said politely to a tall white woman.

"Yes I'm here to see Mr.Chase" she said

"One second ma'am" I told her

"Mr. Chase you 1:00 o'clock is here" I told him in a professional tone.

"Send her in" he replied with a quickness.

30 mins. later

The tall lady came out fixing her clothes. and waving Mr.Chase goodbye. I shook my head in disgust. Mr.Chase was short , fat , with a comb over. That's just ain't right.

As the day went by I answers phones and called in client. The day was whining down. It was my time to get off. I clocked out from work and walked out the door. I was playing subway surfer. I had my head phones in listing to "I fuck wit you girl" by rich homie quan. I'm hungry I said to my self looking at a Thai restaurant in my phone. But I don't want to go by myself. So I decided to call on of my friends.

Jazz: hay Wyd hun.

PINKY: Nothing why wassup?

Jazz: you hungry ?

PINKY: hell yah you knw I can't cook!

Jazz : ok meet me at Strictly Thai

PINKY: see you der in about 10

I put my phone in my purse and walked into Strictly Thai.

"Hi, welcome to Strictly Thai a bubbly chinese lady greeted me

"Hi, can I get a table for 2 please" I asked her smiling back.

"Yes ma'am follow me" she escorted me to a window table.

20 MINUTES WENT BY....

PINKY : sorry got to be at the club.

Jazz: yeah whatever

I ordered my food to go. On my way out I bumped into someone. "oops in sorry I said nicely. When I looked up I seen Kahlil. He had a woman on his arm .I immediately began to think about him again. It's all good ma he replied. His eyes grew big when he realized who I was.

"Jazz" he questioned

"The one and only" I relied feeling butterflies.

"How you been" he let the woman go to hug me.

I felt her eyes all over me .

"I've been good I see you doing you" I said looking at his date.

"Oh this is my friend Karmen" he introduced her.

"Hi I'm Jazz I introduced myself"

She nodded nonchalantly

I raised and eyebrow.

I grabbed my food and began to walk out the door. "I'll see you around Key I said walking out the door.

Before I could get all the way out the door I felt kahlil grab my wrist.

"Yeah" I asked feeling weak again.

"Can we talk sometime ma" he asked on a serious note.

I smiled.."sure" I said.

We exchanged numbers. and went our separate ways.

If It Comes Back It Means So Much More...!!