Chapter 1

Kaylee's POV:

So, I just moved down to North Carolina to live with my dad. My mom and dad got divorced when I was younger and I haven't seen him in forever so I moved down here. Also, about a month ago my best friend Maggie moved to North Carolina and I miss her so much so I wanted to be with her again.

I'm so scared to go to school, it's summer right now which gives me time & I'm more comfortable knowing Maggie transferred schools to be with me.

We're actually neighbors with The Grier's. Skylynn, Nash, & Hayes, of course their parents. Hayes and I have been best friends since pre-school. I haven't seen him in so long though. He knows I'm moving here but he doesn't know I'm here yet, I'm going I surprise him later tonight. I can wait to see him!!

**Later that night**

"Hey dad, I'm going over next door to surprise Hayes, do you want to come?"

"No you go ahead sweetie, I've got to unpack more."

"Ok"

So I walked over and rang the doorbell. I was so nervous and shaking, what if I got uglier? What of he looked way different. Then the door opened. It was Nash!

"KAYLEE!!!!" He screamed.

"Shhhh! I said smiling I want to surprise Hayes"

"Oh okay sorry, he's in his room" he whispered. Nash and I hugged for awhile. He was like my big brother.

I walked up stairs to Hayes room. I knocked on the door but he didn't answer, so I walked in. Of course, he was sitting at his desk listening to music with headphones. I snuck up behind him and scared him. He actually screamed. It was cute though.

"OH MY GOSH KAYLEE YOUR HERE!!! WHEN DID YOU GET HERE!?!?" He screamed and he picked me up and hugged me and swung me around.

I was laughing way to hard to answer him. " Hayesssss I'm getting dizzy" I laughed. He put me down and we just hug for ever. It felt nice though, to be in his arms.

"Oh my gosh, Kaylee I've missed you so much, I thought you weren't supposed to be here for another 2 days?" He asked

"I tricked you, I wanted to surprise you" I smiled.

Hayes POV:

Wow, I haven't seen her in forever! I've missed her so much. " I thought you weren't supposed to be here for another 2 days?" I asked.

"I tricked you, I wanted to surprise you." She smiled. Woah, her smile was so perfect. Her face glowed like lights on a Christmas tree. Snap out of it Hayes! "So how do you like it here?"

"So far, good. I mean I've only been here for about 6 hours" she said. I laughed. "Haha true." I said

"You should stay tonight, your first day back, we could watch scary movies and eat popcorn, like when we were little!" I said.

Kaylees POV:

Aw, he's so cute! He sounded like a little kid when he said that. I had to say yes but I had to ask my dad first since its my first day here and all. So I texted and I had to argue a little but he eventually said yes.

"My dad said it was fine." I told Hayes.

"Yessss!" Hayes said. "I'll go get the popcorn & a movie, make your self at home" he smiled and walked out of the room. Man, it's good to be back hanging out with him. I can tell this is already going to be fun. I giggled silently to myself.