Haruka Nanase ~ Babies

Am I hitting you with the angst already? Yes, yes I am.

~*~

You'd always wanted children, even from when you were a little girl.

The thought of creating something as beautiful and unique as a real child - an actual, physical human being with feelings and emotions - made you feel all warm inside, and you wanted to look up at your children one day and say:

'I'm proud of you, I love you'.

But, sometimes, things don't always go as planned when you want them to.

~*~

Wiping away the tears from your cheeks and eyes, you plastered a fake smile before opening the front door and stepping inside the house.

Your heart broke a little bit more when you saw Haru, Makoto and his son playing and laughing on the floor.

But you kept your smile on your face no mater what.

"Sorry I'm late guys! Traffic was such a pain today," you smiled, taking off your coat and shoes and placing them in their respectable places.

You took a seat on the couch next to your husband, Haru, who instinctively wrapped his arm around your shoulders and hugged you, and you had to bite your lip so you wouldn't cry.

"No worries, we were just about to go, weren't we, Hajime?" Makoto smiled, looking down at his son who nodded enthusiastically.

At this point, just looking at Makoto's beautiful son, you couldn't fight your tears back anymore, and Haru noticed.

"Y/N?" He asked, and you flinched, wiping your tears away with your sleeve before getting up off of the couch.

"I should get started on the dinner; I'll see you some other time, Makoto," you smiled weakly before hurrying off into the kitchen to gather yourself together.

Leaning against the counter, you pressed a hand to your mouth to shelter your cries as tears streamed down your face like a waterfall.

You heard the door open, a few goodbyes, then close again, and you squeezed your eyes shut, turning around so your back would be facing Haru if he came in, and, as expected, he did come in.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" He asked softly, and you bowed your head down, not letting him see you like this.

Rubbing your arms up and down, Haru took you over to the couch and sat you down on his lap, wrapping his arms around your waist to support you.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, rubbing your back in soothing circles.

Another would've guessed that Haru wasn't really very good with dealing with other people's emotions, but if they were for people who he really cared about, he could work wonders.

"I went to the doctors today," you managed to get out, calming down a lot more. "I thought I was pregnant."

"Pregnant?" Haru asked, sounding a little surprised. "Did you want to start trying or something?"

You shook your head, letting out another sob before continuing.

"They said I was infertile, something about my uterus being misshapen or something," you replied, and Haru looked so devastated. "I'm sorry Haru, I'm sorry that I can't give you children, I'm sorry!"

Haru shook his head, hugging you tighter and kissing your temples.

"Y/N, I'm not with you because I want your children," he answered, nuzzling his nose in your hair. "I'm with you because I love you, and I'm sure we can find a way around this. We can always adpot."

You nodded, wiping your tears away. "I just feel like there's a part of me missing now, if you know what I mean."

"Yeah, I get what you mean," Haru agreed, nodding. "But you always have me, and that's never going to change."

~*~

I've got all of the anime songs I have on my phone on shuffle and Splash Free and Future Fish just played one after the other, I'm--