Momotarou Mikoshiba ~ Puppies and Babies

I can imagine Momo doing this after he graduates from high school as a part-time job before or after college.

~*~

Everybody who knew Momo even just a little bit knew he was completely infatuated with animals, whether they be the biggest great white shark or the smallest little butterfly. Whichever type of animal they were, Momo would always try and look after them and they're habitat.

And being his girlfriend of three years, you knew this all too well.

Whenever he was around your house or you were around his, every time one of those adverts came on to adopt an animal, Momo would always bolt right out of his seat and dial the number on the TV, making sure he gave that animal all the love and care it deserved.

Momo was most definitely obsessed with animals, so it was no suprise to anyone when he opened up a pet store of his own after graduating from college, sheltering animals from puppies to turtles.

You were proud of him, that's for sure, and in time your love for animals grew too.

~*~

As soon as you opened the door to the pet store that day, all the puppies that Momo had let out of their cage for a bit - which was a total of four - ran over to you and started pawing at your legs, barely getting through the fabric of your jeans.

They all started yapping, and you giggled, bending down and stroking the soft fur on their heads before standing up straight and kissing Momo on the cheek, who had headed over to you when he heard the front door open.

"How was your day?" You asked, and Momo's face lit up.

"It was great!" He exclaimed, and you marveled at the fire in his eyes. "We got a whole batch of new puppies so I let them out of their cages for a bit."

His face suddenly dropped.

"But the mother died during childbirth, so the babies don't have anyone to look after them properly," he concluded, and you caressed the side of his face gently.

"Hey, don't worry, we can take care of them," you reassured, and Momo nodded enthusiastically. "You want me to get the milk ready?"

"If you don't mind," Momo smiled shyly, and you nodded sweetly, heading into the back room to prepare the milk for the puppies.

As you left, Momo watched you go, admiring how easy you made it look to be so unbelievably cute but gorgeous at the same time. He really was lucky to have you.

~*~

"Puppies!" You called out, sitting yourself down on the floor opposite Momo, who had a bottle just like the one you had in his hand as the four new puppies came running over to the two of you.

As the two of you began to feed the puppies, you and Momo started talking and laughing when, all of a sudden, the words just seemed to slip out of his mouth.

"You would make a really great mother, you know."

At first, you were a bit surprised, looking up at Momo with a look of confusion on your face, but when Momo broke out into a cold sweat of apologies, you couldn't help but laugh cutely at him.

"You really think so?" You asked, looking down at the puppy you held in your arms.

"Well...yeah," Momo replied, shuffling closer to you. "I mean, you're great with looking after the animals when I'm not here, the customers love you and you're such a sweet and loving person. I think you'd be the best mother in the world."

You looked up at Momo, your cheeks a light shade of red as you smiled shyly. You lightly grabbed onto Momo's hand and he locked his fingers with yours, leaning forward to press his forehead to yours.

"Then why don't we start trying?" You asked quietly, and Momo slowly closed the gap between the two of you, kissing you slowly and passionately.

His lips danced with yours in sync, and he was savouring every moment of the beautiful kiss right up until he pulled away, kissing your cheek sweetly before pulling away to meet his gaze with yours.

"Are you sure?" He asked just as quietly as you, and completely different from the man he always was.

Momo had more or less two personalities, both absolutely flawless, but you liked this one better. Only those close to him got to see it, and it was truly heartwarming. The way he could be so bubbly and energetic but also be caring and understanding made you think of him as an even better person, and you loved him so much.

"Yes."

~*~

Should I write a part two to this? Not smut, but like, after?