Ikuya Kirishima ~ Yesterday's Flower

Requested by my angst bestie glace7 and can I just say the titles she comes up with for some of these one-shots are so unique and beautiful, I love them.

~*~

Ikuya had always wondered why you stood in the same place everyday.

It never really bothered him the first time he saw it, but when he continued to see you to and from his swimming practices, he started to get curiois.

He'd actually thought for some time that you were just a statue, because he'd never seen you move.

He'd asked his older brother, and even the other guys at the swim club because he wasn't so sure how to approach you, but when he finally plucked up the courage to ask you himself, all you said in reply was;

"Because I really love this view."

Ikuya was more than intrigued by this and soon enough, he had a smile on his face nearly everyday because he would get the chance to see you on his way to swimming practice.

But Makoto found something strange about you, and it was how you were never at school.

Normally, it would make sense if you were enrolled at Iwatobi Middle School, but as far as he knew - which wasn't a lot mind you - you didn't go to school at all.

The bridge by which you stood on everyday was in view of the school, and he had never seen you leave that spot.

Something was wrong, and he knew it.

~*~

Over time, Ikuya had grown somewhat attached to you, and Makoto never uttered a word about his suspicions when he really should've.

One day, Ikuya had forgotten to visit you on the bridge, not to mention you weren't there, and he never thought too much of it.

Ikuya had just thought you had somewhere else to be and promised himself that he would see you the next day, but he didn't.

He asked an old man fishing on the bridge if he'd seen a girl named Y/N with (hair colour) hair and beautiful (eye colour) eyes, and the old man simply said:

"Son, she died ages ago; she always came to this bridge because she said she loved the view..."

But Ikuya blocked out the man's voice after a while once he'd heard you were dead. The bouquet of flowers in his hands slipped out from his grip and fell to the floor with a small thud, and that was when Ikuya realised.

He was in love with you, but you were gone. And you were now, his yesterday's flower.

~*~

I'm sorry.