Chapter 36

I HAVE NOT UPDATED IN OVER A MONTH. I AM A BAD PERSON. I AM SO SORRY. BLAME WRITERS BLOCK. THE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS ARE JUST FILLER CHAPTERS. THE MAIN BULK WILL COME AFTER THESE TWO. I AM TRYING TO WRITE IT BUT I'M HAVING TERRIBLE SELF DOUBT AT THE MOMENT SO PLEASE BARE WITH.

Sorry my lovelies.

Lots of Loki love from me

- Z xx

Loki exited Laila’s chambers, casting a glance in the direction of the bifrost; where Laila would have headed, before turning and walking the other way. He retraced the path both him and Laila had taken until he was back at the major battle scene of the war. Loki had hoped for signs of the war ceasing its destruction but his hopes were quickly diminished when he saw the sight before him. Bodies of blue and gold littered the floors, their blood tarnishing their armour; rubble and fire created a misty and dirty fog, blinding the vision slightly; the pillars which held up the structure cracked and crumbled, falling away piece by piece. It looked more like ruins than a palace of peace and hope. Loki quickly scanned the area, accidentally casting his gaze upon a warrior which turned his stomach. Fandral lay among the dead, a frost giant icicle lodged in his heart space. Loki forced himself to look away. There was nothing he could do. Several guards still fought around the carcasses but it was clear that they were tiring. The giants were winning. Across the corridor, Loki could see Sif leaning against a damaged pillar, clutching at her thigh.  He quickly went to her aid.

“Sif!” Loki called out to her as he made his way to her. He was careful to avoid any falling debris or fighting warriors as he ran to her. Sif lifted her head slowly. Her eyes brightened at his arrival; finally, someone she didn’t have to fight. She smiled weakly as Loki approached her however it lasted only a mere second as a slither of fear flashed through her expression.

“Loki. Loki we need help. We’re losing. We can’t hold them off. So many are dying. Fandral. Fandral’s dead. There’s so much blood Loki. So many dead.” Sif panted, her features showing a state of panic and distress. Loki smiled sadly. He placed his hands on Sif’s shoulders. It was not like her to fear; to show weakness and defeat in the face of war. Asgard was losing faith. It was giving up. Loki needed to find his father fast and end this. He kept eye contact with Sif and gave her a reassuring smile.

“Sif calm down. It’ll be alright. You are doing amazing. Look how far you have gotten. It’ll be over soon, I promise.” Loki said in comfort. Sif seem to relax slightly at this, the fear in her eyes fading just slightly. It was at this point that she fully focussed on who was standing in front of her. Her expression hardened as she stared at Loki with slight reservation.

“I don’t get it Loki. You’re one of them. You’re a frost giant so... so why are you not on their side?” She questioned with slight anticipation. Loki sighed and bowed his head.

“Because they are not who I want to be. Because by being on their side, I am doing no better than what Laufey and Odin did to me. If I was on their side, I’d be betraying everything I’ve ever known. I’d become a monster.” Loki shook his head, his expression set and firm. “I am not a monster Sif and I never intend to be.” Loki said determinedly. Sif seemed satisfied with his answer. Loki scanned over Sif’s body and noticed the wound on her thigh. “You’re hurt.” He pointed out blankly. Sif glanced down at the gash and shrugged.

“It is nothing. Just a scratch. Where have you been up until now? Thor said you had been hurt.” She breathed. Loki shook his head and bent down to the wound, dressing it quickly so there would be no risk of infection.

“I needed to say goodbye to Laila. She is being sent to Midgard to she can be kept safe from Laufey. He’s here to kill her so he can get to me.” Loki said sadly. Sif’s expression softened as she realised how hard of a choice that would have been for Loki.

“Loki, I’m sorry.” She said gently. Loki sighed. It was something he’d rather forget for now. He quickly ended the topic.

“There’s no need to be sorry. I did it because I love her and wanted to keep her safe. It isn’t goodbye forever.” Loki tried to convince; although to whom, he wasn’t sure. Sif nodded briefly in understand. Loki went back to focussing on her wound. It was now wrapped up and would heal well. “There.” Loki said with a slight smile as he changed the subject. “We can’t have one of our best warriors dying when the battle is at its weakest now can we?” Loki asked rhetorically. Sif chuckled half-heartedly as Loki stood back up to full height. He glanced around for a second before placing his arms on Sif’s shoulders. “Now, Sif, I need to know if you’ve seen Laufey anywhere. He’s the reason for all of this. If I kill him then all of this will be over. Do you have any idea where he is?” Loki asked hurriedly. Sif only had to ponder for a moment before she managed to recall seeing the frost giant king. A flash of regret and panic once again went through her expression.

“Yes I saw him. He went in the direction of the great hall.” She informed him quickly. Loki smiled appreciatively before a frown graced his features.

“Sif? Sif what’s the problem?” He asked with concern. Sif met his gaze, her own filed with regret.

“The Queen, Loki. The Queen went in the direction of the hall at the beginning of all of this. She’ll be trapped.” Sif said slowly. Loki froze temporarily in shock of the news but quickly regained his composure. Flashing a reassuring smile towards Sif, Loki, wasted no time. He turned and made his way to the great hall.

Okay so there you have it. That's filler chapter uno. Hope you like it. Please leave your comments below and possible votes? Whatever you want.

Read, Enjoy, Vote and Comment.

Much Love

- Z xx