Two Worlds *Drabble*

Alexander's chest rose slowly as he laid on his side. He was watching something beautiful. Scratch that. He was watching someone beautiful. 

The way freckles dotted his cheeks like stars in a black night. The way his nose stuck out perfectly. The way his lips slightly parted when he breathed in and out in his sleep. 

"I love you," Alexander whispered, reaching a hand out to touch John's cheek. 

"Mmm," John's lips turned to a smile as a sleep mumble escaped him. "Go to sleep, my dear Alexander, we mustn't wake up anyone else. Besides, my love, the general will need us early tomorrow."

"I will, my John," Alexander replied, a yawn punctuating his sentence. "Good night."

A few minutes past in the stuffy tent before John rolled around to face Alexander. His eyes were wide open, as John had expected. "Alexander?"

"Mmm?"

"I love you too."

 "Good morning," Alexander whispered, shaking John awake. "Coffee before class?" John's eyes slowly opened to see his boyfriend standing over him. 

"Good morning, Alex. I had a crazy dream, y'know?"

"Was I in it?" Alexander asked, sitting beside John and handing him a mug of coffee. John sipped it and nodded. 

"Uh-huh, we were fighting in the revolutionary war. We were having an affair or somethin' late at night when all the other soldiers were asleep. Laf and Herc and Professor Washington were in it too. You mentioned something 'bout Liza and Angie, too."

Alexander let out a chuckle. He placed a chaste kiss on John's forehead, his hand against John's warm neck. "Well, good thing it was only a dream."