Chapter 8

The next day, I requested the Princes to come back and have tea with me. However, I decided to have tea with each and every one of them individually. Just to make this easier on myself.

"Who do you want to see first?" Zain asked as he got letters ready. All he needed were the names and the address.

"Hmm..." I paced back and forth in my room as Zain sat at my desk.

"I think I'll have tea with Prince Edward first..." Then Prince Wilfred...Prince Joshua...Prince Glenn...and last, but not least, Prince Roberto.

When it was time to have tea with Prince Edward first, my Uncle had seen me before then.

"Uncle, why are you here?" I asked as this encounter with my Uncle reminded me of my father's encounter before I had tea with the Princes.

"I just wanted to come and see how you were doing." He said gently as he kissed my forehead. "You seemed pretty shaken up the other day when I saw you."

"Yeah, I guess." I looked down at my feet. "How did you know that my father had slapped me?" I never did know how he knew that I needed him on yesterday.

"Keith told me," He studied my face. "He was pretty worked up when he got back the other day."

"Oh, I should have known." I pursed my lips together.

My Uncle laughed. "Yes, well you know how your cousin can get when somethings happened to you."

I laughed. "Yeah, I know, but sometimes I just...I just don't want him to interfere sometimes you know?"

My Uncle nodded. "Yes, I know, but you have to understand that Keith thinks of you as his own sister. All of the protective-ness that he's showing is that he just cares about you. You know that, right?"

"Yes, I know." I whined a little. "Thank you for always being here for me, Uncle."

"No problem," He engulfed me into a gentle hug. "You know I'll always be here. I've always have been from the start."

I nodded as I hugged him back. It was sad really. When I thought about my own father, the way he acted toward me. It was as if he never wanted a child in the first place. As if I was some big mistake.

However, with my Uncle. I was no mistake. To him, I was everything in the world, including Keith and Catherine.

Why did my father have to dislike me so much, and why did my Uncle care about me so much? Aside the fact that I technically had no parents left, who cared anyway.

After seeing my Uncle, I seemed to have been late to have tea with Prince Edward because Prince Wilfred was there too.

"I'm sorry that I'm late," I quickly curtsied before I sat down in front of them.

Prince Edward waved my apology off. "That's quite alright, Lady Linda."

"M-hm." Prince Wilfred silently agreed.

Well this was going to be difficult. Prince Edward and Prince Wilfred were just the opposite. I have an odd feeling that Prince Edward would be talking the most.

Once we had tea, it turned out that Prince Edward had easily made Prince Wilfred participate in all of our conversations. That's probably a trait I like in Prince Edward. The fact that he can interact with almost anyone around him, and they would gladly interact with him back.

"So, are you going to be attending next weeks party?" Prince Edward asked once we were done having tea. We were taking a leisurely walk around a garden.

I shrugged as I looked down at my feet. "Maybe, I don't know." I want to tell him and Prince Wilfred, and the rest of the other Princes, that I didn't want to ever set foot in the Ball Room. Again. The pain of remembering my mothers death every time I was in the Ball Room was excrutiating-- and very suffocating.

"Well, if you do. Save me a dance." He winked teasingly.

I laughed as I shook my head. "Sure thing. I'll save all of you dances." It was easier said than done, that's for sure.

After having tea and walking around the garden with Prince Edward and Prince Wilfred. I did almost the same thing with Prince Joshua...Prince Glenn...and Prince Roberto.

Of course, I would do something different with each of the Princes after tea. Like go to the library and read a book together...horseback riding...watching a recent movie that we both hadn't seen yet. All in all, I liked all of their companies...but to choose one of the Princes to marry...? That was so difficult.

Now, of course, I'd be leaning toward Prince Edward because I've always liked him more than one of my childhood friends-- but then there was Prince Wilfred and Prince Glenn...

"Oh this is going to be tough," I sighed as I got ready for bed that following night. After I was finished having tea with the Princes. "It's going to be really tough," I added as I laid in bed.

Author's Note:

Phew, finally finished this chapter. It took me a while to get back in the groove of things for this story. As you can tell I've been writing other stories lately xD Just putting out there, if you like this story. You should most definitely check my other stories out, but unfortunately...only one of them is actually another Fanfic, The Crowning (A Selection Series [by: Kiera Cass] Fanfic).

Anywho, hope you guys liked this chapter. Which one do you think that Linda will pick to marry out of the five Princes, excluding Prince Keith of course. Comment down below who you think she'll choose, aside the choices that she's already chosen ;)

Until next time, my lovelies.