Chapter 17

After a few days staying in Liberty Manse. I finally got to see Wilfred.

"So, are you going to be able to go back home?" He asked as we walked through the gardens.

I shook my head and sighed. "I have no idea. I keep trying to call my grandfather, but-- he just doesn't seem to want to answer. Then there's my father. He's always stubborn-- always trying to get what he wants..."

This time he won't get what he wants, I thought but I didn't dare say that to Wilfred. There just some things that I couldn't bring myself to say in front of Wilfred. My father...he was just a touchy subject in general.

"You'll be home in no time." Wilfred promised.

"I hope so." I said as I stopped walking. He did the same.

Hesitantly, I put my head against his chest. I felt Wilfred wrap his arms around me.

"This feels nice." I whispered against his chest.

"Mm," I felt him put his chin on my head as we stayed like that for awhile.

I moved away a little, so that I could look into his eyes.

"Let's go back inside." I tiptoed and gently kissed him on the lips.

Wilfred stiffened for a second before he kissed me back.

My eyes were closed as we kissed. I opened them when we stopped. He was blushing a bright pink. I probably was the same.

There's a reason why we're going slow, I thought. It's because of the whole marriage thing that my grandfather had put on me-- on him as well.

"Come on," I took his hand and led him back to the Manse.

He nodded as he cleared his throat, having no problem with our sudden kiss.

After that, the day felt like a fairy tale. I temporarily forgot about my problems-- as always whenever I'm around Wilfred.

Sometimes, I wish it would just stay like that. No worries about getting married. No father who's being stubborn and unfair.

Just Wilfred and I, having a normal relationship.

If only that we're possible.

Author's Note:

Hehehe, awww their relationship is slowly growing!...but why is Linda having second thoughts? Does she feel bad about putting Wilfred on the spot...that she's forcing him to like her because she picked him to marry?

Well, there's only one way to find out.

Until the next chapter, my lovelies!