Chapter 20

I found my Un-- father in his office when I entered Liberty Manse and he looked surprised at my sudden reappearance.

"Did your father kick you out again?" He asked with a worried look as he stood up from his desk chair.

"No," I said as I motioned him to sit back down, and he did. "He didn't kick me out again. I actually wanted to come and visit for the weekend..."

So, I thought, my Uncle didn't talk to him yet. That the cat's out of the bag.

"Oh," A smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Well, I'm glad that you're here to visit for the weekend, Linda."

"That's not also not why I came here." I blurted out as my hands began to tremble.

He gave me a puzzled look, but his eyes were cautious. "What is the other reason why you came here, Linda?"

I looked down at my trembling hands. "I know," I muttered, almost inaudible.

"You know about what," He prompted me, trying to play dumb.

"Dad, I know." I looked into his eyes then as tears began to roll down my face.

The caution in his eyes melted away when I called him "dad".

"How do you--"

"Uncle told me a few days ago." I said as he came to hug me. "Then I asked Keith yesterday if what Uncle had told me was true...and it was."

"I'm sorry that I never told you." He said as his voice cracked. "I couldn't. Everyone thought that you were my brothers daughter. No one could ever tell us apart."

"You are identical twins," I hugged him tight but gently, "and I forgive you. I mean, you were always there for me-- you still are."

He chuckled, almost half-heartedly. "Someone had to be there for you." He half-teased.

I nodded as I hid my face in his chest. "I'm glad that it was you. All this time--" I sobbed. "--I thought that I never had any parents. After mom died and you always seemed to be there. No matter what-- and I'm glad--"

"Shh," He gently rested his chin on top of my head. "You don't have to cry, Linda. You don't ever have to cry anymore."

I nodded as I had calmed down. So glad that my father hadn't tried to hide the fact that he was my father. I always had a father, a parent, and I never saw it. Somehow, deep down, I had always wanted to get my Uncle's-- who was acting to be my father-- approval in whatever I would do.

Yet, throughout all those times my own father-- who was disguised as my Uncle-- had always supported in whatever I did. No matter what. Always giving me advice.

Did my father think it was a good idea to marry Wilfred? To follow through this soon to be engagement, whatever my relationship was with Wilfred?

I looked at my father then. "Do you think I could to marry Wilfred?" I blurted out.

He looked down at me through a confused expression.

"Yes, of course, why are you asking a question like that?"

"Sometimes," I began as I looked out the window. "Sometimes I feel like I'm forcing him into something that seems kind of unreasonable. I mean, to marry him because I'm forced to-- don't you think that's kind of unreasonable."

"If you see it like that, sure, but that's how life of a Royal is." He said as he stared out the window with me. "However, no matter how you see it, Linda. If Prince Wilfred shares the same feelings that you have in your heart, then you don't have worry about forcing him into something that sounds unreasonable. It just be unreasonable for you, and only you."

I nodded. Times like these, I want to see Wilfred terribly because deep down I feel like this isn't the right choice.

Am I having some sort of cold feet, I thought as I aimlessly walked around the Manse. Maybe, I don't know. I just don't want to make a mistake...but Wilfred isn't a mistake though.

"Oh I don't know." I sighed as sat down at a bench in the garden.

"Frustrated, now are we?" Keith smirked as he appeared in front of me.

"Kind of," I chuckled half-heartedly.

"What's wrong," He sat down next to me. "You look troubled."

"I don't know, I just..." I trailed off for a few seconds. "What if Wilfred isn't for me?" Or maybe there's guilt in my soul, but I didn't say that.

"Of course, he's for you. Why are you asking such a question, Linda?"

"That's what dad said," I chuckled as I stared at my hands. "I don't know. I just feel like I'm forcing him into something..."

"You already talked to dad about this?" 

I nodded.

"Then there's nothing to worry about."

"But--"

"Linda," I stared into my brother's eyes. "Don't worry about it. You and Wilfred will be fine."

"I hope so," I said as I let the matter go. 

I sure hope so, I thought as I let Keith change the subject.

He was talking about a party that our family was hosting tonight. I only half listened, but apparently I had to go-- like everyone else, including all of the Princess.

Well, maybe I can see Wilfred and hopefully forget about these feelings that I've been feeling.

Author's Note:

Hmm...why is Linda having cold feet? Do you think she doesn't want to hurt Wilfred-- if anything goes wrong?

Well...only one way to find out...is when the next chapter is up.

Until next time, my lovelies.