Chapter 3

"Hello, Princes," I pasted a smile on my face as I curtsied.

That seemed to have broken their frozen states.

Prince Roberto was the first to speak. "Hello, Lady Linda."

"Yes, hello Lady Linda," Prince Keith followed. After that everyone followed in suit, greeting me with respectful bows.

I smiled gently. "You don't have to bow down to me Princes. My title is only of a Lady."

"Ah, but your title states more than that." Prince Edward said with utmost respect. "You're Lord Nobel Michel's granddaughter, the heir to the throne of all six kingdoms."

"You may be right there, Prince Edward, but I am still a Lady and nothing more. So please, don't bow in front of me again?"

Prince Edward bowed his head, "As you wish, Lady Linda."

The rest of the Princes did the same.

"So, are you going to have tea with us?" Prince Roberto quickly changed the subject, always ahead of everyone else.

"Uh..." I looked at Zain for help.

My eyes pleaded him to say that I had to do other things.

His said that I had the whole afternoon free.

"You haven't seen the Princes in a long time, your highness. You should catch up before the party." Zain bowed respectfully before he added as he left. "I'll set another cup of tea."

"Terrific," I turned around to frown before I turned back to the Princes with a huge smile on my face. "So, how have you guys been?"

Prince Keith eyed me. "You know,Linda, you don't have to be happy to see us."

"My smile was too big," I realized as I frowned. "I'm sorry. It's not that I'm not happy to see you guys...it's just...weird to see you without my...my...my mom."

"And we understand that," Prince Glenn said. "We know how close you were with Lady Sophia."

"Thanks," I pursed my lips together. "And...I don't hate you guys for trying to make me go to one of my grandfather's parties almost ten years ago either..."

"What's that?" Prince Keith cocked his head to the side, as if he hadn't heard me say anything. "Do I hear our Lady Linda apologizing to us?"

I rolled my eyes. "See? This is why I didn't want to see you guys. You're just the same as always, Prince Keith."

He smiled. "Same goes for you, Lady Linda. You're the same bittersweet little girl we've always known."

"I'm not bittersweet," I narrowed my eyes at him as I crossed my arms together.

"Then you're sour."

"Why you..." I narrowed my eyes even more as I got angry.

"You know what," I let out the hot air. "I'm not going to say anything."

Prince Keith raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? You're turning red."

"Not going to say anything," I chanted as I slowly inhaled and exhaled air out.

Zain came back to escort us to where we were going to have tea. Thank god that he had come just in time when Prince Keith was about to make fun of me, again. Although he makes me angry it's nice to see him too, along with the rest of the Princes.

"So," Prince Roberto spoke from across the table while we had tea in the courtyard. "Are you going to attend this year's first party?"

The Princes looked at Prince Roberto as if they had wanted to slap him in the face.