Chapter 26 (Final)

Author's Note:

Okay, so I know that this is kind of rushed buuut...I mean, I think it's time for Wilfred to ask Linda to marry him. It seems...befitting that he asks her to marry him at the island. It's romantic in my eyes.

As I write this last and final chapter of Wilfred and Linda's single lives. I will continue their engagement/wedding in a different story. So please keep posted for that after I post this chapter up,

I hope you liked Wilfred and Linda's route as I've liked writing it. For the next story of Wilfred and Linda, I will try and update as soon as possible. Not like this, all rushed and stuff.

So...I guess...I shouldn't hold you up for too long.

Let Chapter 26, the final chapter begin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Wilfred's POV*

I sat on my bed as I looked at the ring inside the black box that I had taken out of the bedside drawer.

Maybe it's too soon, I thought as a knock came from my hotel door, but I think it's time. I love Linda and I want to stay with spend the rest of my days with her. If she says no, I can live with it.

"But she was the one who had come to me first," I mumbled when the person kept knocking.

I opened the door to find Keith with a suit slung over his shoulder.

"Can I take a shower here?" He asked as I let him in. "Linda is taking forever."

"Yeah, sure." I said as I eyed the black box that I left on my bed.

Keith had caught me staring at it.

A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth.

"Is this what I think it is?" He said as he picked the small black box up.

"Yes," I nodded as I cleared my throat. I could feel my cheeks burn.

"When are you planning to propose to my little sister?" He asked as he whistled when he looked inside the box.

"At dinner," I said. "I was thinking that Linda and I could have dinner, alone-- just for tonight."

Keith nodded as his eyes lit up. "Why don't you ask in front of everyone?"

"Oh, I don't think Linda will like that." I mumbled. I won't really like that, I thought but I thought better of saying that to Keith.

"Pfft, it won't matter either way," He said as he laid his suit down on the other bed, "but I guess it's more romantic for you to ask her when you two are alone."

"You think," I laughed as I sounded a little sarcastic.

Keith laughed as he went to go take a shower. I left the room to go on for a walk. In the end, I had the restaurant adorn our table with a bouquet of red roses and a box of chocolates-- to make it more romantic. Or at least, I hope that was what I was doing. This sort of thing was all new to me, but I liked it. In a way.

I hope everything goes well, I thought as I went back to my room. Keith was already dressed and out of the shower as he dried his hair with the blow dryer.

*Linda's POV*

Once I had taken a shower I chose to wear a light blue knee high vintage dress with a rounded neckline-- since Keith had come back from Wilfred's room dressed in a suit.

Keith studied me as I put my black flats on after I was done doing my hair.

"Why are you staring at me?" I demanded as I put my heartshaped locket on, it had my mother's picture in it.