n u e v e - cue the beat drop

We all pulled up separately in central park, Loki in handcuffs and a muzzle as he gave us all dirty looks. I snorted in a mocking manner. "Remember the time you actually thought you'd win?"

Steve grabbed my arm and yanked me back from the villain. He glared at me in response as we all stood closer together; even with his mask on, his evil face still taunted me.

Thor shook hands with us all and gave Selvig a hug, before Tony and Bruce handed him a box that held the tesseract and the two Gods of Asgard stepped into the energy beam, and they were gone.

Without another word, the team separated. Tony and Banner got into Tony's sports car. Clint and Natasha took SHIELD cars and then it was just me and Steve. He wandered over to me as I stood and watched the innocent people around me, oblivious to the group of superheroes that had stood amongst them just moments ago.

"You're really something, you know that?" He chuckled deeply, his black sunglasses covering his eyes. His brown leather jacket was tight, making his biceps obvious - and delicious - as he stood beside me. I turned to the man.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I smiled at him.

"Yet to be decided. Might need to know you a bit longer." We both laughed quietly.

"So what are you gonna do now?" I asked him, leaning against the wall.

Steve shrugged, watching a jogger as he ran past us. "I'm not too sure yet. I'll probably go back to my apartment, stay out of harms way for a while. Wait for the next life-threatening disaster."

"Where about do you stay?"

"30 minutes away from here, by car. I'm planning to move soon anyway,  to another apartment just a bit closer. You?"

"The same. Go back to working in the bakery below my apartment. Explain where the hell  I went for 3 days to my crazy best friend." I laughed silently, picturing Ellie in my head.

Steve smiled sadly, as he looked towards the ground. I knew about Bucky, I had read Steve's file when I'd first arrived. My heart broke at the thought of losing the only person Steve had left. I knew the feeling.

I reached out and pulled him into a hug. He resisted at first, not being used to the comfort in so long before he wrapped his large arms around me and relaxing. After a few minutes, we both pulled away and looked at each other.

"Well then," Steve started, slowly walking to his bike. "Do you want a lift?" He offered.

"I'm good, thanks though." I smiled at him.

"Maybe we could get a drink sometime? A coffee?" He offered, sliding onto his Harley.

"I'd like that." I smiled at him again before walking away. I watched him intently as he straddled the black bike, his muscular body sitting comfortably as I heard the engine roar to life and gradually get quieter as he drove back into the city.

A Few Weeks Later

I had agreed to go over to Stark tower, after Tony had begged and managed to convince me. Nothing had happened since Loki's army invaded the city and it was weird now that everything was back to normal.

I looked over my outfit once more, admiring my darker style. It was heading into the colder months of the year and I had yet to change my wardrobe. My outfit consisted of extra skinny black jeans, black heeled ankle boots and a dark grey short sleeved top with two cuts up the side. I paired it with my green bomber jacket and left my hair in its natural wavy state. I grabbed my sunglasses (which also happened to be black too) before leaving my apartment.