Veinticuatro - The Footage

"This is it?" I asked Steve as we pulled up to an abandoned army base. He nodded, but still seemed out of it since our conversation on the way here.

"This file came from these coordinates." He responded, looking around.

"And so did I." His eyes held recognition as he scanned the base. Only one or two trucks were still here, and the buildings sat still in the dark of the evening, making everything ten times creepier. "This camp is where I came from."

"Changed much?" I asked him, following him slowly as we made our way deeper into the base.

"A little."

He stood still, staring at a track in the ground as if something was there. It was like he was in a trance.

I looked at the computer, sighing.
"This is a dead end. Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the film must have used a router to throw people off."

Steve had come back to his senses and continued to walk around his old army base, probably recognising a lot of the area and stuff within it. I couldn't tell if it upset him or not - seeing something that was so relevant in his past that he couldn't share with anyone - so I decided not to ask, until he stopped at a building ahead of us.

I stood beside him and analysed the building, trying to see what Steve was looking at and what he was thinking.

"What is it?"

"Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." He strode forward to the old building, dissembling the lock with his shield before walking in and turning on the lights, me following.

The signature SHIELD logo sat on a wall opposite us.

"This is SHIELD." I stated, for no reason in particular.

"Maybe where it started." Steve said, his voice still quiet as we didn't know what or who was in the room.

We walked into another dusty room where pictures lined the walls and desks sat ghostly in rows. We stopped at the pictures, admiring the three people within them.

"That's Stark's father." I pointed out, looking at the man who looked similar to Tony, except a more extravagant moustache sat on his upper lip and his dark hair was combed neatly on his head.

Steve looked at the photo. "Howard."

I noticed his fixated gaze on the only woman out of the three photos on the wall. I recognised her as Peggy, the same woman in the Smithsonian. She looked just as gorgeous as always, her signature red lips in a tight smile and her dark hair in it's curls.

I couldn't help but admire the woman, even though I'd never met her. Her courage and strength inspired me, being one of the few women who had such an important role within the war which was uncommon back in those times. And I could completely understand why Steve loved her - her intelligence was something special as well as her confidence, honour and sacrifice towards America. She was an inspiration to me and probably thousands of women across the country .

We didn't say anything as we walked down the room towards a large bookshelf.

"If you're already working in a secret office..." I reached forward and pushed the book case, causing it to slide to the side and reveal an elevator.

"Why do you need to hide the elevator?" Steve finished.

We went down a floor in the lift, and came out in a dark room filled with old computers and hard drives.
"This can't be the data-point. This technology is ancient.."