Chapter 14 - Head Injury

~Jade's POV~

The next few weeks went on without anything interesting happening. Blaze kept his distance from me and I wasn't complaining, after the change they'd all been through I wanted nothing more than to keep away from Blaze and his friends.

I looked up at the clock in Chemistry and smiled a little. There was five minutes left of the class and then it was lunch. The last hour of the morning is always the hardest in terms of hunger. Our teacher had something to deal with, so he let us leave a few minutes early and I couldn't have been more happy to leave. I grabbed my bag and books and headed out to my locker. I stopped when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Carter standing there with a new boy who joined after the winter break. I took a few steps back from him since I'm always naturally on my guard when he's around and I glared at him whilst he smirked back at me.

"What do you want?" I questioned Carter whilst trying not to look him directly in the eye.
"What? Am I not allowed to say hello to an old friend?" I rolled my eyes at his comment and turned around to walk away from him when I felt a hand pull me back and slam me against the lockers.

I felt myself go dizzy from the impact after I hit my head against the metal lockers. I resisted the urge to groan out loud at the pain and closed my eyes for a moment. Carter came closer to me and I felt his breath on my face.
"I don't like the fact that you spread lies about your friends Jade. You know what you said happened isn't true, yet you, Reece and Faith seem to think it's okay to lie."

He gripped my jaw tightly causing me to look him in the eyes.
"You can't prove anything Jade."
I felt my eyes close as vision became increasingly blurred.
"Is there a problem here?" The new voice seemed familiar but I couldn't quite place it. I started to feel myself drifting in and out of consciousness.

I heard a few more words exchanged between the two voices in the distance before my eyes shut.

~Blaze's POV~

I headed out to the car for a cigarette. This freaking school is doing my head in. I don't even know why I let the boys convince me to come back and finish senior year. I closed my eyes and leaned against my grey Range Rover Sport. After a few minutes I put my cigarette out by stepping on it. I took out my phone to see messages from Aidan and Hunter on our group chat, I typed in my passcode and read the messages.

Aidan: Blaze come to the nurse's office now it's urgent
Hunter: Hurry the hell up
Aidan: Where the hell are you? I swear if you're screwing some chick in a janitors closet I'll hit you with a broom
Aidan: Answer your phone
Hunter: You're a freaking gang leader and you can't even answer your phone? How the hell can I count on you to save my life when I find myself in danger again?

I rolled my eyes at Hunters comment, flashbacks coming to mind of the time he managed to find himself with three guns pointed at him. I texted them back.

Blaze: I'm coming you idiots.

I read other messages from people in my gang regarding business as I made my way to the nurses office.

When I got there I went straight in still looking down at my phone.
"What's going on?"
I finished typing a message and sighed looking up when no one replied to me.

I looked around and saw Hunter and Aidan sitting next to the bed where Jade lay with her eyes closed. Preston and Justin came in behind me, both of them stared at Jade unsure of what to say.

"What happened?" I looked at Hunter and waited for him to respond. When he didn't I rose an eyebrow at him expectantly.
"We're not really sure. Aidan and I skipped math so we were walking through the halls when we saw Carter and some other kid talking to Jade. Carter seemed to be threatening her so we went over to see if something was wrong and she just passed out."