Chapter twenty nine

"You've got to be fucking kidding me.."

Mason snapped his attention at Lacon when he heard him gasped. He followed his gaze and was completely surprised to see what has gotten his friend so shocked!

Dreena, riding on Nightfall's back with that ridiculously impressive posture and incredibly fast speed. And to think that Nightfall was said to have a very temperamnetal attitude that could rival that of a PMSing old maid.. Dreena is surprisingly riding him at ease like how a regal queen should!

"Wow... isn't she something eh?" He grinned.

Mas lumawak ang ngiti niya ng mapagtantong lahat ng trabahador ay sandaling tumigil at gulat na gulat na nakatingin sa paparating na babae. Their look was that of an awe while watching her. Every perfectly maneuvered move... every powerful step the beast make... they are all watching it with unconcealed astonishment. She herself demands undivided attention like the duchess she really is.

"I'm going to throttle her pretty neck.." Lacon swore lowly. His jaw tensed while his fists tightly closed to his side.

"Oh come on! She's nailing it, see?" He yelled at Lacon's back when he walked towards Dreena with heavy footsteps.

Dreena gently pulled the reign to stop Nightfall from running when she saw Nick approching her in angry astride.

Nightfall must have felt the tension within him because the next thing she knew, Nightfall's front hooves were suddenly lifted in the air. And for a moment there, she saw fear in Lacon's grey eyes seeing her high up in the air.

"Whoa... whoa..." Pangpapakalma niya sa kabayo. She leaned forward and started saying soothing words on his ears while caressing the side of his neck. "Easy Nightfall.. I'm here boy... I'm here..."

Maya maya pa'y kumalma na din ito.

"You startled him." My calmed voice snapped him out of his reverie.

Agad na namang nagdilim ang anyo nito. Before he snap, she already beat him into it. "Nightfall's going to panic again. Let me go down first and then we'll talk." She said. All civil and business like.

And Nick didn't like the sound of that. The look of her regally sitting on a high horse is taunting him. It's reminding him of what the both of them are truly are..

A Royal duchess and her mere subject.

He gave a hollow chuckle.

"We need to talk." She said. Akma itong bababa ng pigilan niya ito.

"Hold it then."

Dreena was watching Nick as he took Nightfall's reign and led him to a shady tree to tie the horse. She was about to get down but he beat her into it.

Holding her waist, he gently lowered her down the horse. Her upper body accidentaly brushing his naked chest as she did. A soft gasp escaped her.

His smoldering grey eyes stared back at her and for a moment, she could not for the life of her look away. His grey eyes are hypnotizing... taunting...

"We need to talk." She said in a breathy whisper.

"Hm.." He inhaled, breathing her in. His eyes turning darker.

"Eherm!!"

We both snapped our gazes away when we heard somebody cleared their throat.

"May staring contest bang nagaganap ng hindi ko alam? That stare was almost a minute if you must know guys." Sabi ni Mason saka ngumisi.

She quickly collected herself and pried herself away from Nick's hold.

"We should talk somewhere." Nick said as he glared at Mason.