Chapter forty three

Aiden stared at the brooding man currently sitting on the leather couch in front of him.

Nakahalukipkip siya habang nakatayo at nakasandal sa kanyang mahogany desk. Chase is leaning his tall frame at the door and Cece sat on his swivel chair. The three of them has their eyes focused on the said man.

Bumalik ang tingin niya sa naturang lalaki. He gives out this rugged and dangerous aura. He's titled, but his features showed that this man had been more accustomed to men like them who oftentimes introduces danger instead of his fellow noblemen who are more mannered and refined. He wore simple clothes for an Earl. Naka-itim na T-shirt ito at itim na pantalon. His arms and his left neck was covered with tattoos. Those kinds that looked like an abstract. Mahirap intindihin dahil tuloy tuloy. Kung pagmamasdan ito, ang pagiging titulado nito ang kahuli hulihang bagay ma maikakabit mo sa hitsura nito. He would rather pass for a rockstar with how he looked. Aiden noticed the man clench and unclench his fists.

Nagulat siya ng bigla itong dumating kanina. The sound of the approaching helicopter a while ago made his sytem in full alert. Grabbing his gun, mabilis niyang pinuntahan ang kinaroroonan ng front door.

He watched the men approach through the indoor monitor. A certain man stood in front of the guys and by the way he held himself, he can say that he's definitely the boss.

Bahagya pa siyang nagtaka ng imbes na paputukan o kaya sipain ang front door, the man chose to knock instead. He frowned then looked at the monitor again. The specialized camera he placed outside the door scanned the man's features. After a few seconds, his phone beeped, an indication that all the data regarding the man was already sent to his phone. Mabilis niyang pinasadahan ang profile ng lalaki. His fingers stopped scrolling when two words caught his attention.

Earl. Cousin.

Mabilis pa sa alas-kwatrong idinial niya ang numero ng Duke na agad naman nitong sinagot. He didn't wait for his hello and just delivered the news.

"A certain man named James Thomas de Vere is outside my house right at this moment and he's looking at my door like he's going to kill anyone who opens it if we let him wait for another minute. So.. should I let him in?"

Ilang sandaling hindi ito sumagot. And when he did, he let out a loud curse which had his brow rising. And I thought this certain duke could never have anything or anyone that could ruffle his feathers eh?

"If you don't want any damage to your property, do let him in."

"And?"

"Have Dreena get ready. Let her meet Thomas. She's the only one who can appease him."

He frowned, "An why is that?"

"Thomas is a bit of a... rebel. He's quite destructive but despite that, he's too protective of every female member of the family, and that includes Dreena."

And imagine when he finds out about his cousin having an affair with her bodyguard.

Oh fuck.. my house is going to be a war zone.. Shit ka Nick!

"Just let him talk to Dreena and everything will be less.. bloody. If there's a chance it's going to be bloody."

Mabilis niyang tinawagan ang grupo at saka inipon ang mga ito sa sala. He asked Mason to have Nick and Dreena haul their asses here before the raging man outside his house finds them together. That wouldn't be good.

When he opened the door. The man didn't wait for him to be invited in and just walked in. He roamed his sharp eyes around his place like a businessman willing to buy his goddamned house! Irritation bubbled inside him.