Chapter Forty Six

I had arrived back home and the time was only three in the afternoon, Ashton and I were immediately attached at the hip throughout high school, so this was how it'd be until I go back to California. I was asked to work back at the restaurant that I worked at during college and they let me plan my schedule out for when I wanted to work. I decided on the same times that Ashton would be working at her job, except a girl called out on the weekend shifts and I stepped in to take the spot.

As I arrived on Friday night for work, I tied up my red waves in a ponytail and started taking orders that were brought to me. After only an hour, it was slowly getting packed out and it was only six.

"Savanna, can you take Jenean's section since she's not here? I need more people on the floor." Brad, the owner asked me.

I looked to Daniel, who nodded for me to go and I walked over to grab an apron then tied it around my waist. I grabbed my notepad and pen as I saw Anna seating people in my section. I began taking drink orders and then tried helping families decide what to get.

"You're- you're- you're-" I heard someone stutter before I noticed the teenage girl with wide eyes as I placed their appetizers on the table.

"This is Monica, shes a huge fan of One Direction." The mom chuckled.

"It's okay, I am too." I winked before she scrambled for her bag to pull out a phone.

"Can I get a picture with you? It's for my blog." She smiled widely and I nodded to her.

"You have a blog?" I questioned as she scooted out of the picnic table to stand by me. She nodded to me and I smiled, "I do too."

"Can I follow it?" She asked with wide eyes, they were so blue and I couldn't help but laugh at her excitement.

"It's called, 'We're Not Even Funny.'" I laughed at the terrible name.

"That's your blog?"

"You've heard of it?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"I've been following your blog forever."

"Don't tell anyone, okay? It's quite embarrassing if that got out to the public." I stressed as her mom took her phone to take our picture.

She said to keep it to herself and in return, I decided to get her tickets for a concert along with a friend of hers. I called Paul, because he's helpful with this stuff anyway and he arranged it for me. I gave her my number, so she can keep me updated on the ticket arrival and if she needs anything.

As I began closing up, I got into the car that I'm using until I go home. It's actually my dads truck, but he's using the Armada and I needed a vehicle and I took it. It's a white Toyota Tundra and I love it. As I headed back into town, Ashton asked if I wanted to go to Applebee's for half prices appetizers. She acts like I'd actually say no to cheaper food, so I met her there and ended up having a bunch of our friends from her church.

I sat by Hannah and we began talking immediately like always, they were talking about a trip the first week of June and I decided to join them since we'd be going to Outcry. Outcry is a a bunch of Christian singers performing and a speaker joins them, they'll be in Atlanta and we decided to make it a trip.

"Are you still coming to service on Sunday with me?" Ashton smiled to me.

"Oh, of course! Will you stay with me and we can go together?" She nodded and I began talking away with Hannah more about Los Angeles before my phone rang.

"Hey Kat, what's up?"

Kathryn was my first and official best friend from birth, our moms had been friends before either of us were born and we stuck together until high school. We grew up dancing together and went our separate ways in high school.