Chapter Forty Four

I was finishing up my outfit for going to dinner in Palm Springs at the country club with Harry, but I was exhausted from rehearsals this morning. Harry kept flipping through channels since I had been slow moving this evening.

My completed outfit was a black crop tank top, a black and red floral high rise maxi skirt that had a slit on my right leg, and my gold sandals. I had slipped on some gold jewelry that hooked on my biceps with two rings and a piece connecting them, some rings, my earrings, and my usual gold Fossil watch.

I decided to leave my long red waves natural and slipped a cream cardigan that touched the floor. I sprayed some perfume and was ready to go.

"Okay, I'm ready." I nodded to Harry before he locked his phone and smiled at my appearance.

"If it takes you an hour to look like that, I can't imagine how you'd look after spending multiple hours."

"All I can tell you is it takes a certain amount of time for women to look good, so every minute that you're late on a date is another minute we spending messing with ourselves. Let me just tell you that when we get to a certain point, we ain't getting any prettier." I scowled making him laugh before he realized that I was serious.

"I won't be late, ever." He smiled, taking my hand to lead me to the car.

"Good, I don't want to grow a tail or in end up wearing body glitter." I smirked and we laughed together.

"I couldn't let that happen to my girl."

My stomach flips at his nickname for me as he helps me into the white Bentley that he rented like it was so causal. I flipped through my phone as we rode together, I had texts from Cameron and Ashton.

Cameron: Bear is obsessed with his new toys.

Cameron: Oh, be prepared for fan girls in Palm Springs.

Ashton: THESE BRAS ARE AMAZING! I LOVE THE BLACK LEOPARD LACE

"Cam mentioned to be prepared for fan girls."

"Oh, there was some last week. Nothing to worry about though." He smiled towards the road as he took my hand to press his lips against my knuckles delicately.

I knew Harry would want to see any fans that wanted to take pictures or anything, which I completely was okay with. Especially since I have a bottle of wine with my name on it back at the villa.

He pulled in front of the clubhouse and came to help me out while the valet took the car. Harry intertwined our fingers as we journeyed inside the dining room. He obviously knew the place well and some of the workers, considering he shook everyone's hand as he still had mine with his.

We sat in the bar before Chelsea Handler came over to hug Harry and I. Harry recognized someone since we were waiting on another friend of his to have dinner, I sat with Chelsea at the bar for drinks while he wandered off.

"So, how have things been going with you two?" Chelsea raised an eyebrow to me as I sipped on my Sangria.

"We're good, I'm just glad that I'm back with him and not traveling." I smiled to her before she quizzed at me more.

"I'm glad that fame hasn't gotten in between your relationship." She nudged me with a smile.

"You and me both." I sighed as glanced to Harry, who was standing with a fan taking pictures and he smiled over to me before waving goodbye to them.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my temple instinctively before taking the drink that I ordered for him.

"There's someone that you should meet." He smiled before I hopped off the seat to follow his lead behind Chelsea.

My eyes widened as I looked to the petite girl that's my size and smiling at me.

I'm standing in front of Ariana Grande.

The Ariana Grande.

"Why didn't you let me prep for this?" I whispered to him before she laughed.

"Harry called me since you were such a fan, plus I owed him for the amazing song he let me buy from him."

I was taken back from her words, I looked to Harry and he could tell that I was confused.

"I'll explain tonight, baby." He smiled and kissed my cheek before the group was seated together.

Throughout the dinner, Ariana and I became very close and have quite a bit in common. I was in shock when Frankie, Ariana's brother came and he began fan girling over me. Over the few hours, we made plans to see each other in Florida. I'd fly over since I have family there as well and eventually we called it a night.

As we returned to the villa, Harry and I settled in before deciding our plans for the weekend. I'd go to the spa, he'd go golfing, we spend the evening together, and possibly having a pool day, but Monday morning is back to reality.

I messed around on my phone looking at a picture that I took of him and decided to post it on Instagram.

Thanks for putting up with my sass.

I admired the photo, he was so casual in his white shirt and jeans with his hair slicked back in a bun. I loved it and his smile was so genuine at whatever it was that was said.

"So that song?" I raised an eyebrow as I laid in his arms.

"Well, I never wanted to really say anything about the song. It's written about you though, I can admit that." He chuckled as he rubbed my back.

"Do I like this song?"

"Correction, it's actually your favorite song on her My Everything album."

I could tell he knew that I was blushing at the thought of it. I knew he worked with other artists, but I never knew what songs it was until he told me. The funny thing to me was I always found his songs the best before I knew that he wrote them, so when he said it was my favorite there was no confusion.

"Thank you." I leaned to him and pecked his cheek.

"For the song?" He furrowed his brows at me.

"For giving me happiness and making me realize that I have a home away from home."

"Home away from home?" His eyes furrowed more than before.

"Anywhere with you is home."