goodbye, my friend | sebaek

𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚜: 𝚜𝚎𝚑𝚞𝚗 𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌, 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚡𝚘 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝, 𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎
-

"Sehun, please tell me it's not true," Yixing was, for once in his life, furious. "You're not leaving," the elder was shouting at his maknae.

"I am," was all Sehun managed to breathe out. He couldn't defend himself in any way because leaving didn't seem right to him either, but he was so lost he couldn't tell if it feels wrong because it is wrong or just purely because everything felt wrong to him.

"Sehun," Yixing became just as lost as Sehun. He didn't know what could he say to make the younger stay. He knew how hurt he was. He knew how he felt. And that's why he didn't know what to say. "Please."

"I can't continue doing what we're doing after what happened," Sehun's voice was angry and broken at the same time. "He left. He's fucking gone and everyone hates me for that. And you fucking know I'm right," Yixing just nodded because he was speechless. What else was there to say?

"And you know I don't blame anyone," the anger was gone, and now only sadness was visible in Sehun's eyes. "I hate myself too."

"Don't you dare ever saying that again, Sehun," Yixing's voice was as serious as it could possibly get. "I don't hate you, Baekhyun doesn't hate you, for fuck's sake Kyungsoo needs you, Sehun."

Just like Yixing couldn't say anything against the fact that people blamed Sehun, Sehun couldn't say anything against the fact that some of them still loved him despite what he's done.

"You know how I feel and you know what's happening in my brain right now. Do you really blame me for wanting to get rid of it?" this conversation was just about making each other speechless because once again, Yixing didn't know what to say.

"I need to pack my bags," Sehun announced when he stood up and headed to his bedroom. They were alone at the dorms now because the others were outside doing their own stuff.

Yixing didn't know what to do. Call the others or just let his best friend leave quietly, like he wanted to? He didn't believe his choice is right, but he chose the second option anyway. He's going to let him leave.

Even if Yixing decided to call the others, who would he call? Kyungsoo is his first option because just like Sehun helps Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo helps Sehun. But when Kyungsoo's out, he's out alone. His phone is turned off or at least on silent.

Second option would be Jongdae or Baekhyun, but both of them were studying most of the time they were gone. They were either in the library or in tutoring class. So even if he chose to call someone, he didn't have anyone to call, so letting the maknae leave was his final decision.

He didn't like it. He hated it, but if that's what Sehun wants and needs, he'll let him. Yes, there was a part of him that wanted to be selfish. And he would shamelessly beg Sehun not to leave, but he knew it would only make it harder for the maknae.

So, that's how it went. That's how Sehun followed his ex-boyfriend's lead. That's how Sehun left EXO.

There is something about leaving and never looking back that looks so exciting to so many people. But those people can't afford to do it. They don't have the money to just get on a plane and start a new life in a different country, or a different continent, but Sehun did.