of landlords & tenants | xiuhun [m]

𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚜: 𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚒, 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚒𝚝, 𝚜𝚖𝚞𝚝, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚒 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚘𝚔, 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚕𝚢, it was written as a joke

𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒷𝒾𝓇𝓉𝒽𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝒻𝒾𝒹𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒽𝑜𝑒 ♡
-

Kim Minseok likes to think he's a good landlord. He was willing to bend the rules from time to time, he always fixed everything that was broken immediately, he was never one to fight with anyone over little things; that's why he thinks he's a good landlord. The fact that he's stalking his tenants is just a detail he's willing to look past.

He was excited when someone finally showed interest in the apartment B45, and he was even more excited when he found out two young males will be living in it. No, it wasn't because he wanted to stalk them non-stop, it was simply because the apartment building had mostly older people living there and Minseok didn't really click with any of them, so having someone just a few years younger than him move in was a blessing.

The fact that Minseok has cameras installed in the living rooms and kitchens of every apartment was stated in the contract, but people rarely bothered to read the whole thing since they just believed Minseok told them everything they needed to know - and Kim Jongin wasn't any different when he signed the contract for both him and his roommate.

Jongin was the one always talking and arranging everything with Minseok therefore the elder didn't have the pleasure to meet the other new tenant until the day they actually moved in and Minseok saw him talking on the phone pacing around the living room, looking distressed. The landlord might be a stalker but he was considerate enough not to put microphones there as well which meant he saw things, but he couldn't hear anything - he felt like he needed to give his tenants at least a bit of privacy. Minseok remembered that the boy's name is Oh Sehun and he would be lying if he said he doesn't appreciate Sehun's appearance.

The boy was tall and slim but he also had broad shoulders and it was visible that he works out - just Minseok's type. For a while the landlond considered visiting his newest tenant, but when he saw Sehun is heading to his room he figured he won't bother him - not yet, at least. Wait, why is he taking broccoli with him? What a weird snack. Minseok didn't really think much of it, partly assuming that the boy just enjoys raw broccoli, which was odd but acceptable.

Minseok was left confused thirty minutes later when the boy appeared in the kitchen once again, the broccoli in his hand seemingly untouched, but he threw it into the bin anyway. What a weird kid. Once again, Minseok didn't think much of it, maybe the broccoli just didn't taste good and Sehun got rid of it. It was time to end his daily checking-up-on-the-tenants session anyway because he was supposed to meet up with his friend for coffee to 'chill and talk about shit' - at least that's how Junmyeon decided to describe it.

"You should fuck him," was Junmyeon's first reaction to Minseok telling him that his new tenant is young and handsome. The elder just laughed, but didn't try to protest in any way. He wouldn't mind listening to Junmyeon's advice. Sehun was attractive so it was only natural for Minseok to be attracted.

The days that followed were filled with Minseok checking up only on Sehun, not caring about any other tenants at all and it was quite peaceful, if you asked Minseok. Yes, it was still socially unacceptable to just stalk someone like that, but the landlord had his borderlines he wouldn't cross, one of which was watching Sehun walk around the apartment naked. Every time that occurred, Minseok was quick to turn the cameras off and go do something else. Yes, it was tempting to continue watching, but it felt wrong to do so.