he's dreaming | chanbaek

𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚜: 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜, 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝟹 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜, 𝚏𝚞𝚏𝚏, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚠𝚔𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚎
-

Baekhyun walked into Chanyeol's room, not bothering with knocking, to see Chanyeol laying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. "Chanyoda, what's up?" Baekhyun asked cheerfully. "And don't you dare saying the ceiling."

"The-" Chanyeol stopped mid-sentence, realizing what Baekhyun had said. "Oh, I'm fine I guess," he didn't look at Baekhyun while speaking, and continued to stare at the light fixture above him.

"Yeah, sure you are," Baekhyun jumped onto the bed and stared at Chanyeol. "We've been friends for over five years, do you really think you can lie to me?" he said, chuckling.

Chanyeol turned his head towards his friend, who was smiling down at him. It would be so much easier to just get the stress of his chest, but he didn't want to be a burden. "No, really. I'm good," he added a small smile.

The elder leaned down and stared into Chanyeol's eyes. "I don't believe you," he said, emphasizing every word. "You know you can tell me anything, I can get serious too," Baekhyun smiled, hoping his friend would open up to him, having few things to say himself.

"Just leave me alone, will you?!" Chanyeol covered his mouth after his outburst. He didn't know where it came from; perhaps he needed more time to sort things out, or maybe he was just angry. He quickly tried to fix what he said by adding, "I think I just need to sleep or something.. yeah, that's what I meant."

Baekhyun's mood quickly dropped, not being used to Chanyeol yelling at him and him being so sensitive wasn't really helping this situation. "O-okay, I'm sorry," he turned away because he didn't want Chanyeol to see that he's already close to tearing up. "Sleep well, Channie," he said kindly and stood up.

"Wait-" Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's sleeve before he could leave. In the split second before their eyes meet, he thinks about what to say. It's his last chance to tell Baekhyun how he's been feeling, and he doesn't know when he'll get another chance. "Goodnight, Baek," he said finally.

Baekhyun knows Chanyeol too well, so now he's sure that the younger doesn't really want him to leave right now. "I'm pretty tired too," Baekhyun said, faking a yawn, trying to be convincing. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" this wouldn't be the first time the two of them would sleep in the same bed; it happened often when they played games until morning.

Chanyeol, who was a second away from drowning in regret at making his friend leave, was relieved to hear Baekhyun's request. Of course, he wouldn't show it. He turned his head away to hide the smile that was forming on his lips. "You know where your things are," he gestured absentmindedly towards the closet, where he leaves all of the clothes when Baekhyun forgets to take them after he'd slept there.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, didn't try to hide his smile and happily walked over to get his stuff. "Are you really tired?" he asked when he had got everything and now was laying down next to his friend. "Because I'm not, I was lying," he giggled and looked over at Chanyeol, hoping his cheerful self would get the younger to talk.

Chanyeol turned and smiled back, unable to help himself. He had to admit, Baekhyun was contagious. "I guess I'm not that tired, just stressed," Shit, he wasn't planning to say that.

The elder mentally cheered because of Chanyeol's confession but he also knew this wasn't the right time to joke around. "Do you want to talk about it?" Baekhyun didn't want to push his friend into saying something he didn't want to, but he also knew from his own experiences that it's not the best to hold it in.